News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

1 year anniversary...

Started by zymomyz, Oct 01, 2004, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zymomyz

We got our Sun Valley one year ago on October 17th. Our first trip was to Mount Madonna. Sooooo..... :cake:

To celebrate our one year anniverary we're going to Mount Madonna again (valley view 1 site 108), the weekend of October 22nd-24th. And, in the spirit of a Ray-anarchy-rally, I thought I'd toss it out here to see if anyone might want to join in (no you don't have to bring expensive gifts, moderately priced ones will due  :D  :D  :D )

OC Campers

How far is Mt. Madonna from the Sacramento area?  We just moved up here and I don't have my bearings yet.  Is it  close enough for a weekend?  I know this is one of Larry's (Sammyslaves) favorite spots.

Jacqui

zymomyz

Quote from: OC CampersHow far is Mt. Madonna from the Sacramento area?  We just moved up here and I don't have my bearings yet.  Is it  close enough for a weekend?  I know this is one of Larry's (Sammyslaves) favorite spots.

Jacqui

It's a little west of Gilroy (off 152, about 10 miles ?).  Gilroy is about 30 minutes south of San Jose on 101.

I would estimate it at about 3 hours from Sacramento (of course traffic can be a factor depending on time of departure). My rule of thumb puts 3 hours right at my limit for a weekend.

OC Campers

Quote from: zymomyzIt's a little west of Gilroy (off 152, about 10 miles ?). Gilroy is about 30 minutes south of San Jose on 101.

I would estimate it at about 3 hours from Sacramento (of course traffic can be a factor depending on time of departure). My rule of thumb puts 3 hours right at my limit for a weekend.
Hmm.  I did a mapquest and it said it was about 185 miles.  We wouldn't be able to leave till after 4pm on Friday.  I am thinking it might be a little too far for a weekend.   Maybe we will give it a try when the kids have a day off and there is a long weekend involved.  Have a great trip.

Jacqui

zymomyz

Quote from: OC CampersHmm.  I did a mapquest and it said it was about 185 miles.  We wouldn't be able to leave till after 4pm on Friday.  I am thinking it might be a little too far for a weekend.   Maybe we will give it a try when the kids have a day off and there is a long weekend involved.  Have a great trip.

Jacqui

Don't blame you at all, I didn't it was that far !! Weekends are just too short !!  :)

Nick

Just got back from a weekend at Mt. Madonna with Larry and Rita.

zymomyz

Quote from: NickJust got back from a weekend at Mt. Madonna with Larry and Rita.

Dang ! So how was it ? You could always go again  ;)

Nick

Quote from: zymomyzDang ! So how was it ? You could always go again ;)
It was great.  We are going to be at Pfieffer Big Sur that weekend.  Otherwise we would join you.

zymomyz

Quote from: NickIt was great.  We are going to be at Pfieffer Big Sur that weekend.  Otherwise we would join you.

Pfieffer Big Sur !! I really like that place as well !! Have a good time !!