News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

best route?

Started by Dee4j, Jan 05, 2005, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

Quote from: OC CampersSorry sweetie but my heart is in Sacramento. :) We sure do miss you guys though. Pismo is only a few months away.

Jacqui
I know, I know, but it can't hurt to try.  We're looking forward to Pismo--Griff's already talking about seeing his camping buddy.  Maybe they'll actually play together this year!

Dee4j

Quote from: SurfcalC'mon now.  We need more routes for Dee.  More routes for Dee.  How about some GPS coordinates with that too.

Surfcal

hee hee I can't wait to see ya Ray. besides me you're one of the funniest people I know ;)

actually with a little help from goodsamclub.com I think I have my route.

I'll be breaking each up my trip to 3-4 hour (according to mapquest) segments. I figure with teardown set up and driving that's all the kids will tolerate and for me to keep my sanity :eyecrazy: ( oh I guess you have to be sane to keep it)

so from Orland I'll head down the 5 to the 505 to the 80 to the 680 and I'm going to stay in Morgan Hill at Maple leaf rv park  (any input on this place??)

then head to pismo .

OC Campers

Quote from: griffsmomI know, I know, but it can't hurt to try. We're looking forward to Pismo--Griff's already talking about seeing his camping buddy. Maybe they'll actually play together this year!
That would be great if they played together.  One can only hope.  They will both be 4 so maybe a little separation time will do them good.  

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersThat would be great if they played together.  One can only hope.  They will both be 4 so maybe a little separation time will do them good.  

Jacqui

I know Kevin is looking forward to seeing Chris. BTW I will be (haven't yet tho) making reservations for Lake siskiyou for Fri June 10th leaving Monday June 13th.
I'll let you know what sites I pick I will put a post in NNC maybe others might want to join.

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersThat would be great if they played together.  One can only hope.  They will both be 4 so maybe a little separation time will do them good.  

Jacqui

I know Kevin is looking forward to seeing Chris. BTW I will be (haven't yet tho) making reservations for Lake siskiyou for Fri June 10th leaving Monday June 13th.
I'll let you know what site I pick I will put a post in NNC maybe others might want to join. if you for sure can go that weekend do you want me to reserve your spot to get us next to each other???

griffsmom

Quote from: Dee4jI know Kevin is looking forward to seeing Chris. BTW I will be (haven't yet tho) making reservations for Lake siskiyou for Fri June 10th leaving Monday June 13th.
I'll let you know what site I pick I will put a post in NNC maybe others might want to join. if you for sure can go that weekend do you want me to reserve your spot to get us next to each other???
Hey Dee!

Where's lake siskiyou?

OC Campers

That sounds great Dee.  Chris would love to hang out with Kevin and Kara.  I don't think we have anything going on that weekend so just let me know.  Where is Lake Siskiyou?  Do you get reservations thru Reserve America?

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsmomHey Dee!

Where's lake siskiyou?

It's near Shasta. about 2 hrs north of Orland

OC Campers

Mr. Shasta is about 250 miles north of us. I will have to run this one by Randy, I didn't realize how far away it is. I have been wanting to go to Shasta. I will talk to him when he gets home from Dallas tonite.  The kids are out of school the 2nd of June so it would just be taking time off from work for Randy.

Jacqui

griffsmom

Quote from: OC CampersThat would be great if they played together. One can only hope. They will both be 4 so maybe a little separation time will do them good.

Jacqui
Trouble looms already: I mentioned to Griff last night about how fun it will be to play with Matthew and he said, "I will pway wif him but I won't share my toys."  No amount of persuasion by me so far has conviniced him to let Mattie plays with his toys yet.  I even tried guilt, reminding how nice Matthew was to buy him his beloved big green shovel.  No go.  I'll keep working on him...  :rolleyes:

Dave and I are thinking of making that whole week of the 20th one big camping adventure.  We might break up the drive by camping at Casitas for a couple of days before heading to Pismo on the 23rd.  We might even buy a generator and do a little dry camping camp at Refugio or El Capitan just north of Santa Barbara.  We haven't camped since October last year, and I'm really starting to get antsy to go!!

pcmom

Hi Dee,

We might join you at Lake Siskiyou.  As you know it is only an hour north for us.  The downside is the lake is still going to be VERY cold:frosty:   Mt. Shasta has received a lot of snow this year so time will tell what spring weather brings and how much snow will still be around.

We'll be camping there in July with our Cub Scout Pack, so it might be fun to go up ahead and scout things out ahead of time :)

Michelle

OC Campers

Quote from: OC CampersMr. Shasta is about 250 miles north of us. I will have to run this one by Randy, I didn't realize how far away it is. I have been wanting to go to Shasta. I will talk to him when he gets home from Dallas tonite. The kids are out of school the 2nd of June so it would just be taking time off from work for Randy.

Jacqui
Deidre, As of today we are in for Lake Siskiyou.  Randy said we could go.  Let me know when to make the reservation (before he backs out:) ).

Hey, with PC Mom and us going you could have the first South to the North rally:D .  Anyone else interested?

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: pcmomHi Dee,

We might join you at Lake Siskiyou.  As you know it is only an hour north for us.  The downside is the lake is still going to be VERY cold:frosty:   Mt. Shasta has received a lot of snow this year so time will tell what spring weather brings and how much snow will still be around.

We'll be camping there in July with our Cub Scout Pack, so it might be fun to go up ahead and scout things out ahead of time :)

Michelle

cool I'll make reservations this week..and will post what I get we'll see if anyone else is interested. I don't know what time we'll get up there. I'm not leaving s.cal until fri am..Maybe I may leave Thurs night to knock off a couple of hours..

I figured it would still be cold up there I used to fish in the streams there. Pismo is cold too so I plan on getting the kids wetsuits.  

maybe we can all pitch in for a party boat for an hour or two (the kids will loose interest by then). it would make it about $25/family