News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rally at Francis Lake- May 13-15.

Started by OC Campers, Feb 13, 2005, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenzilla

Jacqui, apologetically we find that we have to back out of this rally. We just got word from our church that they have set our little guy Anthony's first holy communion for that weekend.  Sorry we can't make it this time!

Quote from: GwenzillaJacqui,
We'd like to get in on this rally also.  Could we reserve site B1 for Friday May 13 and Saturday May 14, leaving Sunday morn.

OC Campers

Quote from: GwenzillaJacqui, apologetically we find that we have to back out of this rally. We just got word from our church that they have set our little guy Anthony's first holy communion for that weekend. Sorry we can't make it this time!
No problem guys.  You will be missed

Jacqui

OC Campers

Tow rod, I put Les in B1 so he is closer to you guys.

Jacqui

teleskiermom

Hey Jacqui-
Could you email me your address so I could send you a deposit now for three sites
Our friends James and Patti Snyder would like to tent camp in site b12.
They want to stay close to the other tenters because all of our 3 yr olds play together. They are going to stay Fri - Sat with 2 kids
Do you know if we are going to do a pot luck on Sat night?
 Take care

OC Campers

Teleskiermom I e-mailed you with my address.

Welcome to the Snyder family.  I would like to have a Saturday potluck.  Most of our rallies have also had a Saturday breakfast get together.  What does everyone think.  Just bring what you like for breakfast and share with everyone.  

Jacqui

OC Campers

Only 3 more days till I have to call and let go of the empty sites.  I still have 7 sites available.

Jacqui

towrod

Quote from: OC CampersOnly 3 more days till I have to call and let go of the empty sites.  I still have 7 sites available.

Jacqui

Jacqui,  My neighbors would like to join the Rally - I sent you an email.
Hope you can save a site for them!

OC Campers

Quote from: towrodJacqui, My neighbors would like to join the Rally - I sent you an email.
Hope you can save a site for them!
No problem Rod, got the e-mail before the sites were released.  All unspoken for sites have been released.  If you still want to attend, give Lake Francis a call and see if they have anything available.

We have 14 families signed up.  Francis Lake informed me this afternoon  that since we are a group if you cancel you forfeit first nights fees.  They may be able to sell your site for you but they cannot guarantee it.  I hope nobody has to cancel.

I didn't plan any activities, I figured it would be nice to just lounge around and kick back.  I would like to do the Saturday evening potluck.  We have also had a Saturday morning breakfast get together in the past.  Just bring what your family likes for breakfast and share with everyone.

Let me know what you think.

Jacqui

Russinator

Hello - We're back from our 36 day road/camping trip. While we were gone I didn't keep up on the Francis Lake trip but we are still planning on joining the group. Do I need to send you some money ASAP? I hope our being gone didn't cost us a spot with the group.

OC Campers

Quote from: RussinatorHello - We're back from our 36 day road/camping trip. While we were gone I didn't keep up on the Francis Lake trip but we are still planning on joining the group. Do I need to send you some money ASAP? I hope our being gone didn't cost us a spot with the group.
No Russ, everything is fine.  I have your deposit and that is all I need right now.  I will collect the rest of the fees at the campground.  We are looking forward to meeting you.

Jacqui

OC Campers

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be cashing the deposit checks within the next few days.

Jacqui

Petrina

I live near Montaray and I am ok getting up to Sacramento area from 5,but it seems there are a few option to getting there from Sacrameto.   It seem I can take 99, 70 or 80.  Is 70 really curvey and cofuseing to get there?  Or would be 99 to twenty be better?   Who has driven this?  Also does some one know of a good clean campground in the Sacramento area-ish that is good to stay in.  Some thing with full hook ups , that will take a dog,nothing more than thirty dollars a night, and not far from the freeway to get back on to road to the Lake?

Thanks  PJ

OC Campers

Petrina,
I just looked on the Francis Lake Website for directions (look on the left hand side of the web page under information) and it says to take 5 north to the 99 north and then take 70 into Marysville and then take the 20 East.  I have been on the 70 thru Marysville which takes you thru the heart of town and then on to Hwy 20;  Hwy 20 is a 2 lane road that is pretty straight.  You then go about 12 miles and make a left on to Marysville Rd (there is a gas station on the corner). and this is a 2 lane road that twists around (not too stressful because it isn't a busy road).  You take this road for another 12 miles or so and make a right on Dobbins Rd.  Then go another 6-7 miles more.    You shouldn't have too much trouble going this way.  Just follow the signs thru Marysville because you make a couple of turns to get to Hwy 20.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the Sacramento campgrounds.  We haven't camped much up North yet.

Jacqui

OC Campers

I talked to Francis Lake today (spoke with Helen) and gave the final site assignments.  When you get to the CG go directly to your site.  No need to check in at the office.  When I get there I will go around to each site to find out how many people and pets are on each site.  I will then collect the rest of the site fees and check everyone in at the office.  

One slightly annoying thing they make everyone do is where wrist bands (like the ones you get from the fair).  This helps them keep the riff raff out of the campground.  So after I get everyone checked in I will hand these out.

I am planning :
Saturday morning breakfast get together @ 9 am (bring what you like)  If you like to sleep in thats fine too

Saturday evening potluck @ 6pm

If you have any questions let me know.

Jacqui

duanefamily

Hello,

It's been a mighty long time since our family has joined the popuptimes group... wonder if anyone remembers us?  :D  I seem to remember a few of you... sort of... everyone else looks sort of new... Anyway, it just so happens that we'll be at lake francis at the same time... so wanted to let folks know that I bought a stove way back when I had "Larry Envy"... and never got around to using it.  I'll bring it to help cook Saturday breakfast... and the evening potluck if there are no objections to us crashing the fun at the last minute. ;) Our munchkins are now 7 and 8.  We were up there this past weekend... too... got two really beautiful sunny days and one soggy one (that was this morning).  If you have any questions... just ask.  Was wondering if anyone was going to be there on Friday sides us?

duanefamily