News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rally at Francis Lake- May 13-15.

Started by OC Campers, Feb 13, 2005, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russinator

Donna and I are planning on getting there in the early afternoon on Friday. We're new to the group and new to PU camping. See you then.

OC Campers

Quote from: duanefamilyHello,

It's been a mighty long time since our family has joined the popuptimes group... wonder if anyone remembers us? :D I seem to remember a few of you... sort of... everyone else looks sort of new... Anyway, it just so happens that we'll be at lake francis at the same time... so wanted to let folks know that I bought a stove way back when I had "Larry Envy"... and never got around to using it. I'll bring it to help cook Saturday breakfast... and the evening potluck if there are no objections to us crashing the fun at the last minute. ;) Our munchkins are now 7 and 8. We were up there this past weekend... too... got two really beautiful sunny days and one soggy one (that was this morning). If you have any questions... just ask. Was wondering if anyone was going to be there on Friday sides us?

duanefamily
Hi there, I remember you guys. You had a Niagra and a Honda Odyssey. We met you at the Gold Rush rally. You were camping across from us and then moved because the kids kept trying to swim in the frog pond. We would love to have you all join us for the potlucks and the campfire if you are interested. What site are you in? We have most of the "b" section. Looking forward to seeing you again.

We will all be arriving on Friday. I will probably be there around 5pm.

Jacqui

towrod

Quote from: PetrinaI live near Montaray and I am ok getting up to Sacramento area from 5,but it seems there are a few option to getting there from Sacrameto.   It seem I can take 99, 70 or 80.  Is 70 really curvey and cofuseing to get there?  Or would be 99 to twenty be better?   Who has driven this?  Also does some one know of a good clean campground in the Sacramento area-ish that is good to stay in.  Some thing with full hook ups , that will take a dog,nothing more than thirty dollars a night, and not far from the freeway to get back on to road to the Lake?

Thanks  PJ
Hi PJ -
I see Jacqui already posted directions so here is a link to a campground in Sacramento: http://www.sacramentokoa.com/

DISCLAIMER - I have NEVER been to this campground but do drive by it every day to/from work.  It is in West Sacramento right off of Hwy 80 about 4 miles west of the 80/5 interchange.  Hope this helps - See you at Lake Francis.

Petrina

Quote from: towrodHi PJ -
I see Jacqui already posted directions so here is a link to a campground in Sacramento: http://www.sacramentokoa.com/

DISCLAIMER - I have NEVER been to this campground but do drive by it every day to/from work.  It is in West Sacramento right off of Hwy 80 about 4 miles west of the 80/5 interchange.  Hope this helps - See you at Lake Francis.
Thank you very much!  I checked out the site and that looks great.  
                            PJ :tent:

OC Campers

FYI--all sites are full hookup except for B15 and B16 (for our tenting friends)

Jacqui

duanefamily

Quote from: OC CampersWhat site are you in? We have most of the "b" section.
  Jacqui
We'll be in B21...

So are you the folks who drove a BMW or am I thinking of someone else?

duanefamily

OC Campers

Quote from: duanefamilyWe'll be in B21...

So are you the folks who drove a BMW or am I thinking of someone else?

duanefamily
No, I wish!!  That was Clueless in Sacremento if I remember right.  We were right between Clueless and Sammyslave.  We had the green Astro van.  You will remember me.  I am the 6ft tall woman with white hair.  

Your site is right behind us (just down the hill a little)

See you there.

Jacqui

towrod

Do we have a guesstimate as to how many kids will be at the Rally?

OC Campers

Quote from: towrodDo we have a guesstimate as to how many kids will be at the Rally?
I don't know exactly but I am guessing around 15-20.  This is what I have so far:  Let me know of any updates.

Ferris           3 kids
Hay             1
Blardony       1
Towrod         2
Towrod (2)   ???
Conway       ???
Jarman        ???
Zambonie      1
Darcamps    ???
Snyder        ???
Teleskiermom  1
OC Campers    3
Dgrote           0
Russinator      0
Duane Family  2??

Jacqui

OC Campers

Petrina, I sent you an e-mail.  Site B5 is available so I have moved you over to that site as you requested.  If I remember right it is also a pull-thru site.

Jacqui

Petrina

Quote from: OC CampersPetrina, I sent you an e-mail.  Site B5 is available so I have moved you over to that site as you requested.  If I remember right it is also a pull-thru site.

Jacqui
Thank you so much!!  We are so exhited!!  Any way we are going to have a few pinyatas.  It is my youngest 10 th birthday.   (Please no gifts!)  She would just love to meet all the kids and play.

OC Campers

That sounds like a lot of fun.  We had my daughter's 13th birthday party at the Pismo rally last year.  She loved it!!

My kids love pinatas.  
Jacqui

towrod

Quote from: OC CampersThat sounds like a lot of fun.  We had my daughter's 13th birthday party at the Pismo rally last year.  She loved it!!

My kids love pinatas.  
Jacqui

I think ALL kids love pinatas - bash with a stick and be showered with treats. :D

OC Campers

Just a quick note while you are packing.  I called Lake Francis and asked them about fires.  They allow fires but they must be in a fire container (no ground fires).  Our sites do not have fire rings.  The cg does rent the container for $3.00 per night.  So if you have a fire ring or fire container at home you may want to bring it.  They also have firewood available for purchase.

Jacqui

OC Campers

We are back from Francis Lake.  I hopw everyone had a great time.  We did.  As usual more food than anynoe person should consume.  It is back to my diet.

It was so much fun meeting all the new families.  The kids had a lot of fun with each other too.  I think one of the highlights of the trip was when a bunch of us went down to the swimming beach/boating dock and just hung out.  The kids played in the water and swam out to the raft.  They also played with the kayaks.  My kids will definately remember the kayaks.  

The weather was beautiful.  My only grumble was all the mosquitos.  I guess this is what happens with so much rain.  We made it home in under and hour and got everything unloaded before the rain showers hit.

Thanks again everyone for making this such a fun rally.  The campground was asking me if I wanted to reserve sites again next year.  If everyone is in agreement I will call in the fall and reserve the same sites for this same time next year.

Jacqui