Pop up camper buddies!! I need your input in buying a new coleman.

Started by Petrina, Apr 28, 2005, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrina

I am buying a pop up trailer. Sea Pine Fleetwood 05 from Pan Pacific Rv Centers, Inc. (French camp) for 8 thousand out the door.   What are some things  I should ask for that I might need for camping? :confused:   Any thoughts would be great! :-() This will be my first pop up tent trailer.  We usely go camping in our big trailer but my husband got a brain tummer last year and it is to much for him to pull and go camping.  I am to chicken to drive it my self. One day I will learn.
                               Thanks pjwaker

OC Campers

Hi Petrina, you will most likely need a deep cycle marine battery and battery box, you will want a propane tank, make sure you get all the hoses and connections you will need to set it up.  You will most likely want a mat for the ground outside your door, wheel chocks so the popup doesn't roll away, does it come with an awning?  This was a must for us.  Even if it is cool outside, we set it up.  Another thing you may think about is have someone video tape the sales associate setting up and closing up the camper.  Since your husband won't be with you when you camp you may forget some things.  This way while you are listening to the salesman you will have a tape of everything he says.  

If you have any trouble with it, there will be a lot of people to help you out at Lake Francis.

Jacqui

Petrina

Quote from: OC CampersHi Petrina, you will most likely need a deep cycle marine battery and battery box, you will want a propane tank, make sure you get all the hoses and connections you will need to set it up.  You will most likely want a mat for the ground outside your door, wheel chocks so the popup doesn't roll away, does it come with an awning?  This was a must for us.  Even if it is cool outside, we set it up.  Another thing you may think about is have someone video tape the sales associate setting up and closing up the camper.  Since your husband won't be with you when you camp you may forget some things.  This way while you are listening to the salesman you will have a tape of everything he says.  

If you have any trouble with it, there will be a lot of people to help you out at Lake Francis.

Jacqui
Thank you so much for your advice!   :#  It is very helpful and educational.    :tent:

Petrina

Quote from: OC CampersHi Petrina, you will most likely need a deep cycle marine battery and battery box, you will want a propane tank, make sure you get all the hoses and connections you will need to set it up.  You will most likely want a mat for the ground outside your door, wheel chocks so the popup doesn't roll away, does it come with an awning?  This was a must for us.  Even if it is cool outside, we set it up.  Another thing you may think about is have someone video tape the sales associate setting up and closing up the camper.  Since your husband won't be with you when you camp you may forget some things.  This way while you are listening to the salesman you will have a tape of everything he says.  

Jacqui
Thank you so much for your advice!   :#  It is very helpful and educational.    :tent: