News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Joan's Surgery

Started by Calstate361, Oct 11, 2005, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHELSEE'S DAD

Hey Guys

Terri called Joan Yesterday, Joan was able to get the site next to us at Sycamore ranch. Shes doing well, and all ready for Camping!!! I'm going over to their home this weekend to help Sal with his Stabilizer he broke last season.

brainpause

Great news, Joan!

Larry

CHELSEE'S DAD

Hey Guys

I went by Sal and Joan's yesterday morning to help Sal. Joan was up and about fixing breakfast, She's trying to get things together what with the surgery and the "steps" she's taking in her diet. She looks well and is getting around good so Next weekend It's CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!! John

Dee4j

YIPPPPEEE!!!!   Thanks for the update :D

oldmoose

How's Joan doing?

Moose

Dee4j

time for a Joan update...we must have a weight loss total by now......

Dee4j

I repeat....time for an update!!!  :rolleyes:

Calstate361

I'M BACK!!!!!!

To work today (3/6/06) so can give you all an update.  Sorry it has taken so long, but Sal still has not gotten his computer up and running yet.  

Thanks for all your well wishes.  I can certainly say that all your prayers helped because I was awake and out or recovery in just a couple of hours.  My surgrey was at 8:00 a.m. and I was in my room by noon on 2/2/06 and released at 4:00 the next day (2/3/06).

I have lost 40 lbs. since the surgery on 2/2/06.  When I started all this back in July I weighed 360 lbs. and had to loose 20 lbs. before surgery.  The day before surgery I weighed 338 and now I'm under 300 @ 298 lbs.!!!!   :D

It has been rough because I can't gag down the protein drinks they want me to drink so I'm having trouble getting enough protein.  I also can't eat as much as they want me to eat right now.  My Dr. said not to worry, it will come long as my stomach heals.  It's a matter of judging how much my new stomach/pouch can hold.  If I eat too much I get a knot and am puking in less than a minute.  I told Sal I feel like I'm becoming bolimic!  I'm also in the process of adding different foods back into my diet so it is a hit and miss kind of thing.

When we went camping with John & Teresa (Chelsie's Dad) I was getting dizzy and didn't have any energy.  I would do something and start huffing and puffing and have to sit down for 10 minutes.  So I went to the Dr. after we came back and he took me totally off my blood pressure medicine.  He said that when I stood up, my pressure dropped below 100.  NOT GOOD!  I'm doing much better now and feel a whole lot better.

So, considering the major surgery I just went through, I'm doing OK.

AGAIN, thanks for all your well wishs.

Joan

oldmoose

Thanks for the update and really glad everything went well. We know 2 people who've had this surgery and it took a while for them to get back up to speed. They said it was a struggle to get used to eating differently.

Glad you're back to work. That'll help keep you going also.

Best to you and Sal.

Moose

OC Campers

I am so glad to hear you are doing so well.  In a few more months you will be as good as new.  You will get the hang of what you can eat and can't eat soon.  

Take care of yourself.  We are all proud of you!!

Jacqui

Dee4j

glad all is well...

Petrina

Hi Joan:

So glad to here that  you are doing better.   Great job on all the wait loss!!  Any hoots Hello to every one.   :D

Pjwaker

Calstate361

Thanks for the Kudos!  I was weighed in at a Kaiser meeting on Saturday and I'm now 77-1/2 lbs lighter.

Joan

Dee4j

Quote from: Calstate361Thanks for the Kudos!  I was weighed in at a Kaiser meeting on Saturday and I'm now 77-1/2 lbs lighter.

Joan

WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

:-()  :-()  :-()

Dee4j

Joan it's been a month...update PLEEEEEEEEZE :D