News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Thoughts about Pismo

Started by Azusateach, Dec 27, 2005, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azusateach

Since nothing has happened regarding a Pismo trip this summer (NO, I'm NOT volunteering to wagonmaster!), I'm wondering 2 things:

Is it going to happen?

If so, would there be the possibility of maybe doing it in July or August?  Here's why -- several of us So. Cal. folks really enjoyed going to Yosemite, but it was hotter than hades in August.  So ... Dave (aka Griffsdad) & I were thinking that maybe a Yosemite trip could happen in June, when it's cooler, and then Pismo happen later on, when it's so blistering hot inland.  We've actually got a little group all ready to go to Yosemite Lakes (TT campground), using the non-member sites.  I bet they'd be interested & willing to flip-flop the 2 trips IF Pismo is going to happen.

So guys, how about it?   :D

Laura

TheViking

I think someone has to step up to Wagonmaster the trip. It may be too late now. It seems like we started this process alot earlier last year. To Wagonmaster this size of Rally, the person would have to be experienced in Wagonmastering, be on the boards alot, and have excellent organizational skills. Like an Attorney, or someone that would take the time to organize and log CD's so they can be found easy, I think that someone that didn't have experience Wagonmastering, but had the organizational skills of a Teacher would still be a great option. Any other opinions?

Dee4j

i do believe they don't take reservations this early... well looking back I guess the do I thought they only took reservations 6 months ahead..

I'm not volunteering for anything right now...maybe august would be warmer up there??

Azusateach

Quote from: Dee4ji do believe they don't take reservations this early... well looking back I guess the do I thought they only took reservations 6 months ahead..

I'm not volunteering for anything right now...maybe august would be warmer up there??

I think that August would be delightful up there!  

What's up with Kevin?   :confused:

6Quigs

Time for me to pop in here and say something.

If Pismo is going to happen this year we need someone to step up and be Waggonmaster!!

It's not that difficult really, we already know the campground, and it is perfect for our rally. We just need to confirm the date. Then call Pismo, and book 40 sites. Then keep track of who is signed up and who is arriving and leaving on what dates. Pismo have been very accomodating the past 2 years on the late changes we had to make, and as a campground their staff were very easy to deal with.

So who has yet to be a Waggonmaster, and is looking for an easy rally to start with?

TheViking

Does that mean you're stepping up Kevin? To me it seems like a big undertaking for someone's 1st rally to Wagonmaster.  If...and I really  mean if, someone were to take on this task,  how many would be interested?

Dee4j

it is a big job especially that place where they don't assign spaces and trying to get people in spots next to each other...the other thing is don't they require a big deposit when you book it???

griffsdad

I think a CEO or a CFO would be a great wagonmaster.  By the way, is this now a SCCAMPER forum too?????????

TheViking

Quote from: griffsdadI think a CEO or a CFO would be a great wagonmaster. By the way, is this now a SCCAMPER forum too?????????
Good idea Dave, I'm the CEO, but I'm not sure we can make it because Kristi may be working by then. Since Dee is the Prezident, That only leaves the CFO to organize this rally, which just happens to be your wife!
  Let her know you volunteered her for us would ya.  LOL LOL LOL

Dee4j

Quote from: TheVikingGood idea Dave, I'm the CEO, but I'm not sure we can make it because Kristi may be working by then. Since Dee is the Prezident, That only leaves the CFO to organize this rally, which just happens to be your wife!
  Let her know you volunteered her for us would ya.  LOL LOL LOL

DOH!!! Good one Brian...  hey Dave why don't you take a stab at it????

Due to a family issue and also a financial issue I can not commit to anything at this time especially be in charge of anything.

griffsdad

I thought Lori was the vice prezident! Lori has been the wagonmaster on several rallies, even when we were both working. I think it's time for some new blood to take over. Hey Dee, I think Brian needs a little push.

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsdadI thought Lori was the vice prezident! Lori has been the wagonmaster on several rallies, even when we were both working. I think it's time for some new blood to take over. Hey Dee, I think Brian needs a little push.

well even tho Brian DESERVES a payback..sorry ...not going there...I know one issue with wagonmaster is the $$$ up front for deposit which in the past I know when asked people will send $$ right away to get your deposit back but you must put the $$ down when you make the reservation before evryone sends you $$

Brian put together Indian Hills so..he's already been a wagonmaster

hmm... there must be someone out there?? I I think august we stand a better chance of being warmer..but who knows it's probably cold all year

I tell ya what... if someone makes the reservations and deals with ALL the $$$ part ..I'll help with the organization of it...OMG.... was that my out loud voice???

Azusateach

Quote from: Dee4jwell even tho Brian DESERVES a payback..sorry ...not going there...I know one issue with wagonmaster is the $$$ up front for deposit which in the past I know when asked people will send $$ right away to get your deposit back but you must put the $$ down when you make the reservation before evryone sends you $$

Brian put together Indian Hills so..he's already been a wagonmaster

hmm... there must be someone out there?? I I think august we stand a better chance of being warmer..but who knows it's probably cold all year

I tell ya what... if someone makes the reservations and deals with ALL the $$$ part ..I'll help with the organization of it...OMG.... was that my out loud voice???

What if people had to send in their deposit by a certain date, or they'd simply lose their spot?  Let's say, reservations will be made on Feb. 1, for some weekend in late July/early August, and if you want to go, you've got to get your deposit in by that date.  If there's no deposit, there's no reservation.  That way, the wagonmaster isn't out any money.  There's GOT to be a way to do this so one person isn't stuck putting out hundreds of $$ up front.

6Quigs

Dee,
The deposit to Pismo Coast Village to secure all 40 sites was only $600.
Last year Scott took a $53 deposit from everyone. Once the first 12 people have signed up, you will have enough to cover the deposit. Actually, when I called, I made the reservation over the phone, and it was a month later before I sent them a check for the deposit, plenty of time to collect money from everyone.

Now all we need to do is agree on a date, late July, early August sounds good to me.

Azusateach

Quote from: 6QuigsDee,
The deposit to Pismo Coast Village to secure all 40 sites was only $600.
Last year Scott took a $53 deposit from everyone. Once the first 12 people have signed up, you will have enough to cover the deposit. Actually, when I called, I made the reservation over the phone, and it was a month later before I sent them a check for the deposit, plenty of time to collect money from everyone.

Now all we need to do is agree on a date, late July, early August sounds good to me.

You pick it, and we will come.  :D