Starry Night-Self Service Rally-Sugarloaf Ridge SP April 28-29

Started by towrod, Feb 02, 2006, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang

Just to keep this going...

Rod,
We've made our reservations and will be there Fri-Sun!  Can't wait!

OC Campers

Quote from: towrodOuch - Fri-Monday must put a crimp on the camping calendar.... we miss you guys. :(
We miss you guys too.  It is hard working these days but it lets us get away with not paying childcare.  Plus I still get to enjoy the kids and their sports.  Kendra made the high school JV soccer team as the goalie and Chris plays AAA minor baseball.

chkster

We have our reservation made for this park on the 28th of April, Coincidence that it is the same date. We will look for all.

zamboni

Quote from: OC CampersChris plays AAA minor baseball.

How many AAA batteries does it take Chris to play his baseball? :D

We made our reservation as well, unfortunately we will be arriving late as the earliest we'd be able to leave Sac is 5pm... Rush hour yuck.

chkster

5pm exit time here leaving from Antioch. No idea how long it takes to get ther as we have never been

towrod

We will arrive between 3pm and 5pm on Friday if all goes well.  I imagine Loretta may be the first to arrive at the campground.... perhaps we can persuade her to ask the Ranger to put us all together or at least nearby.  
How about it Loretta?

mustang

Actually I may not be there until 6pm!  :mad: Mike has to work til 5, but will try to get off earlier.  I was going to go on my own when the kids get out of school, but with the price of gas  :yikes:  I decided we better just take 1 vehicle!  We'll try to leave by 4-4:30.  It takes us about 1 hour to get there.  Anyone coming from the bay area will have much more traffic!

You should definitely try to keep us together.  If everyone gives you their reservation number or the name it's under, you can "save" sites for us.  Try to get anywhere between 1-15 (sunny side of the loop) or the area we had last time (47-50).  Also nice might be the upper loop (25-28) if it's open.  I know you'll do your best!  I'll email you our reservation number and last name.

Looks like the weather gods may cooperate!   :S  Clear skies for stargazing and sunny days for everything else!!!  :!

zamboni

Sadly, we will be fairly late... Won't be able to leave Sac until maybe 5pm -- then, we have to get across town during rush hour.

It'll probably take us 3 hours, so 8pm at the earliest.

I'll try to remember to PM my reservation#

Hopefully we'll get to at least stay there this time! :)

towrod

Quote from: zamboniHopefully we'll get to at least stay there this time! :)
If your Hybrid's roof won't stay up :yikes: I'd just abandon the rig and give up camping if it were me! ;) :J

chkster

can someone tell us how to get to this campground... i have it down when you turn north on 121 at Sears point... from there mapquest is not that clear to me... thanx see ya late friday...

towrod

Quote from: chkstercan someone tell us how to get to this campground... i have it down when you turn north on 121 at Sears point... from there mapquest is not that clear to me... thanx see ya late friday...
From 37 take 121 North.  121 is also Arnold Rd and you will stay on Arnold all the way past the town of Sonoma.  Approx 6 miles North of 37/121 bear left at the Junction with Carneros Hwy/Hwy 12 and stay on Arnold Rd.  Arnold parralels Hwy 12 along the west edge of Sonoma.  Continue for ~11 more miles North on Arnold and it joins back up with Hwy 12. Continue north along Hwy 12(Sonoma Hwy) for another 5.5 miles to Adobe Canyon Rd in Kenwood. This is the entry road for the Park.  The Campground is about 3.5 miles back up Adobe Canyon Rd.

Total about 27 miles from Junction of 37 and 121 to the Campground.
Go to http://maps.google.com and key in Kenwood, CA

chkster

thanx towrod!
Printed and part of the game plan...
Weather should be nice... hope to meet all
Chkster and Hapekampr :D

towrod

BTW -
Who's interested in a potluck on Saturday night?
How 'bout:
Happy hour at 5 followed by Potluck at 6?

We'll bring Pasta with peppers/sausage.

mustang

Sounds great!  We'll bring appetizers, salad and grilled chicken.

zamboni

Sounds good -- if people get "happy" enough, they'd even be able to eat my cooking! :D

Given the non-electrical state of the campground, at least we have an oven in the hybrid... so I'll throw in margaritas and enchiladas (or an enchilada casserole, whatever the wife prefers to make).