News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Lake Tahoe Rally in July??

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 26, 2003, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff BarchettaOMG Jeff, you just crack me up. Perhaps your camping neighbors ought to beware of you two.

Have fun at the rally, wish we could go!

Sandi

The Memory Maker

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Scott,

We need a map of the campground for the website. Can you request a brochure from the campground and either scan it or take a digital picture of it? Thanks.

BTW, it looks like we have ten as of right now.

QuoteHi Sactocamper,
 I will send you separate email with the map, hope you don t have already. We were just up there this past weekend and I got the brochure.
 I will paste it into a word document.

Brian
 There are reasons I have not posted/provided a map/legend of TVC,yet.
 Simply because there will be no assigned campsites prior to arrival. In fact there will not even be an assigned area of the campground designated for our group until approx 1 week prior to arrival when I have discussed it with the person handling rallies.
 This has been done for two main reasons:
 #1 TVC s policy and #2 to possibly avoid the site fiasco that occurred @ Olema.
 This rally will be a first come/first pick of sites in the determined rally area.
 But to satisfy the curiousity of all interested in the lay of the land, I will send you Brian, an image this morning.
 Scott

Surfcal

SactoCampersI m impervious to site assignments anyway, so it doesn t matter.

Surfcal

The Memory Maker

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Whoohooo!
 Amy & I will be leaving the kids home so we can get lucky by the lake!  Oh wait, you re referring to gambling, aren t you?  

Jeff
 At least your not making Kevin s (6 Quigs) assumptions in renaming the rally " Get Laid by the Lake"  rally. You know where his mind is going . . .

SactoCampers

The Memory Maker
QuoteBrian
 There are reasons I have not posted/provided a map/legend of TVC,yet.
 Simply because there will be no assigned campsites prior to arrival. In fact there will not even be an assigned area of the campground designated for our group until approx 1 week prior to arrival when I have discussed it with the person handling rallies.
 This has been done for two main reasons:
 #1 TVC s policy and #2 to possibly avoid the site fiasco that occurred @ Olema.
 This rally will be a first come/first pick of sites in the determined rally area.
 But to satisfy the curiousity of all interested in the lay of the land, I will send you Brian, an image this morning.
 Scott

Policy Schmolicy. We don t have site assignments for " The Great SLO Escape"  either but we still have a MAP! We NEED a map! Without the map, the " attending"  list is so LONELY! It doesn t look right. It s half naked, like Arvee. [;)].

So thank you for sending me a map! [8D] <I m a map guy>

ckkevin

SactoCampersWow! An opportunity to get lucky by the lake, who could pass up an opportunity like that.  I have always lost my shirt but never gotten lucky!

Count us in (that is if we can pass all the initiation stuff at the Gold Rush Rally!)  I will pay pal the money today.

The Memory Maker

SactoCampersThanks to SactoCampers,6Quigs,RNBarchetta,CKKevin and Hybrid Holly who have officially signed on for this rally.
 I am 1/2 way to obtaining the 10 families required to send in the contract and reserving the campground.
 If others would like to send a check(instead of PayPal) to cover the deposit feel free to e-mail me with that request, the rally info needed and I ll e-mail back my mailing address.

Scott

The Memory Maker

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers
 Policy Schmolicy. We don t have site assignments for " The Great SLO Escape"  either but we still have a MAP! We NEED a map! Without the map, the " attending"  list is so LONELY! It doesn t look right. It s half naked, like Arvee. [;)].

So thank you for sending me a map! [8D] <I m a map guy>

" If there s a place ya gotta go, I m the one ya need to know
 I m the map
 If there s a place ya gotta get, I can get you there I bet
 I m the map
 I m the map,I m the map,I m the map
 I m the map,I m the map,I m the map
 I m the map!"
[/size]
 taken from " Dora the Explorer"
 (ask toddler sactocampers if you re not sure who this is)

gsm x2

SactoCampersScott,

We will send PayPal as soon as PayPal lets us send.  It would seem to me that since I still have SurfCough s $38.00 in my account, that I should be able to send you $35.00 or $28.00 since I am certain that we will get the 20% discount.  BUT NO!!!  I have to wait for PayPal to put in their 2 cents worth.  <sigh>

Oh well---guess I ll just have to learn patience.

How long does it take to learn patience anyway???  LarrySlave--I ve seen you cook and you are a very patient cook----how did you learn how to do that???

The Original Scott

g-whiz

gsm x2I think The Original Scott misses you Larry (Sammyslave).  If you keep messing around with his name, Scott, I m sure you ll get him to respond.  He has a thing about that!  [:D]

6Quigs

SactoCampersNice bit of a map on the website Sacto.
 But where are sites 1 through 219?
 According to my camping book, TVC has 383 sites
 and will we be getting the square or the round sites??

SactoCampers

The Memory Maker
Quote(ask toddler sactocampers if you re not sure who this is)

Actually, she only really knows Elmo. She loves Elmo. She also likes Dragon Tales, but who is Dora? What channel?

QuoteNice bit of a map on the website Sacto.
 But where are sites 1 through 219?
 According to my camping book, TVC has 383 sites
 and will we be getting the square or the round sites??

TMM sent me two maps...one of the whole park which was scaled out such that you wouldn t be able to read the campsite numbers, and another (which is displayed) illustrating the loop we will most likely be in. Since we won t have specific site assignments, if people prefer having the entire map I can just swap one for the other.

The Memory Maker

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

will we be getting the square or the round sites??

Nick-Neff-Cough will be in the round sites. To be more precise the " Inland"  round sites like #224 or #252

And/But area " F"  is only a possible section being considered.

Sections " A"  & " E"  may also be considered, but according to TVC are scheduled for maintenance that time of year.

Civil_War_Buff

6QuigsWell, I was told by Veronica last night that she wants to get us ON THE list as Tentative to this outing!! WhooHooo!!  Please " pencil"  us in as well as Arnold & Sharon (BIL &  SIL).  

When do you require the FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit?[:D]

Thank you very much, and have a nice day!![:)]

Red neff Barchetta

6QuigsLawrence,
 You can give me the cash (fully appreciated) at Snug Harbor.  You will then also need to give TMM/Scott a check which is fully refundable.  As you know, I m only here to help.

Glad you can hopefully make it!