News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Best Rv In Manteca,CA

Started by griffsmom, Nov 28, 2006, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

Hi Nor Cal friends!  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about Best RV in Manteca as a dealer?  Good/Bad?  Trustworthy/Slimy?  We're thinking of taking a drive up there to buy a hybrid, but would appreciate hearing any and allof your comments, experiences, etc., about this dealer first.

TIA!  :D

Nick

Quote from: griffsmomHi Nor Cal friends!  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about Best RV in Manteca as a dealer?  Good/Bad?  Trustworthy/Slimy?  We're thinking of taking a drive up there to buy a hybrid, but would appreciate hearing any and allof your comments, experiences, etc., about this dealer first.

Lori, I will send you an email on this.

Azusateach

Quote from: griffsmomHi Nor Cal friends!  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about Best RV in Manteca as a dealer?  Good/Bad?  Trustworthy/Slimy?  We're thinking of taking a drive up there to buy a hybrid, but would appreciate hearing any and allof your comments, experiences, etc., about this dealer first.

I think the Surfcampers bought their PUP there, and had nothing but good stuff to say about it.  Might want to PM them ...

Laura

griffsdad

Quote from: NickLori, I will send you an email on this.
Please let us know!!

Nick

Quote from: griffsdadPlease let us know!!
I sent the email to Lori a few days ago.

griffsmom

Quote from: NickI sent the email to Lori a few days ago.
Hey Nick!  Nice to see you posting!!!  

I didn't get your e-mail.  Try this address: gryffsmomNOSPAM@aol.com ("gryffsmomNOSPAM@aol.com") (remove NOSPAM before sending.)

Thanks Mike!!

zamboni

I haven't bought anything from them - but I was interested.  Originally, I was looking at the Rockwood Roo, and Best RV's website advertised/guaranteed "the lowest prices".  They wanted about $17.5K for the Roo...  I mentioned that it was higher than I expected, as I saw it for $14k on the internet.

At that point, he got REALLY REALLY NASTY.  Very venomous voice.  He said "You mean RV Wholesalers?  Blah blah JERKS blah blah... If you buy from them, I will NEVER service your camper, then where will you be? You will be screwed.  Ha ha.  blah blah blah".

At that point, I told Kelly that NO MATTER WHAT, I would never give them my business.

I understand their point; it is hard to compete with an East Coast wholesaler.  However, factoring in transport costs from RVW to California, it would save me about $1,000.

Yes, that is a chunk, but not "night-and-day" different.

He did, during his rant, say he would do $17k, with further stipulations that I no longer remember (thus, only $500 more than RVW with transport), but he had already turned me off dealing with him.

He would have earned at least some of my respect if he would have pointed out that his price includes transport to California, and "a Dealer that stands behind the sales", he will try to work something out with me in price & incentives, etc.  But, by getting nasty, and declaring he would not even perform Factory Authorized service on the rig, showed me he was not a "good businessman".

It was the owner I spoke to...