News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Daffodil Hill - Sacramento March Campout!

Started by zamboni, Mar 09, 2007, 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni

Quote from: OC CampersKids don't get out of school till 3pm.

That should be about right for getting here about when Kelly does :)

Quote from: OC CampersAre you bringing the dogs?  Are they allowed at the daffodil hill thing?

We will have at least one dog -- and will just leave him (or them) in the back of the truck, windows/sunroof open, while in Daffodil Hill.

Boomer may not make it - he has very severe hip dysplasia.  The medication initially needed 3x dose to control his pain.  We've cut him down to a 2x dose, and can see that it is not enough -- it is starting to affect him.  He should already be down to 1x dose.  If 2x is not "enough" for a 1.5 year old puppy, then he will never be able to have a quality life without costing a fortune.  Now that I'm home all day, I'll give it until about Tuesday and talk things over with the vet.

Quote from: OC CampersForest/dispersed camping sounds interesting but we will have to work on it.  Do you think you can find a backwoods spot with bathrooms?

Uh, no bathrooms except what you bring yourself! Could be a good excuse to move up to a hybrid!

OC Campers

Did you say hybrid? Hmmm. just what I thought. We have been looking around. We really like the Starcraft. Randy likes the 21SB and I want to see the 23SBS. The RV show at Cal Expo is the weekend you will be at Daffodil Hill. I may just slip down there and walk around since nobody will be at home. I doubt it will happen this year. Maybe next year. Randy still needs to work on the RV pad and gate first. Plus, he promised his brother he would look into getting dirt bikes this year.

We have a bathroom in the popup but doing #2 in those close quarters doens't appeal to me. :eek: :o . That brings a hole new meaning to family togetherness.:D

Things don't sound too good with Boomer.  I hope he gets better.

Jacqui

towrod

Sorry to hear about Boomer....
I hope that his meds can work out for everyone.

Wow - major life change for you.  Enjoy the extra hours with Shelby while you can!

Have fun at IGR and take pictures at Daffodil Hill to share!

zamboni

Quote from: towrodSorry to hear about Boomer....
I hope that his meds can work out for everyone.

After talking things over with my vet about his long term prospects, and the fact that a double-dose of meds was not enough at only a year old... Boomer was put down last Friday.

Jack is now an only dog.  Not sure if or when we'll get a second.