News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfdomeHyjinx 5

Started by calstate360, Apr 17, 2007, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

It's time once again to mark your camping calenders.
Halfdome will be, June 28th to July 6th
We do not know where we will be at yet as they crushed the bridge in the campground and put a cement truck in the river. Also the usual work of repairing the water and electric lines.
Sal
campground map 1

campground map 2

Thousand Trails Website for all info.

Dee4j

Hi Sal

One of our Sccamperrs is interested but didn't know where  it was etc.

I posted a link to Hyjinx III with the coupground links etc....

do you think maybe you can edit your first post to include more info??

we have quite a few new families that may want to go.

Thanks

calstate360

No problem Dee.;)
Once again this is open to anyone who would like to join in.
The campground is located five miles out side the north entrance.
It has full hookups with 50 amp service, fires are allowed and fire areas
are provided. You also have full access to all that Thousand Trails provides at no extra charge. Mini Golf, Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Horseshoes, and whatever they have added since last fall. You also will not have to go on the sales presentition!
The campground store is the Exxon station. Turn right and follow the road to the bottom of the hill.
Turn right again and go 3 blocks, you will see the entrance.
Turn left and go to the guard shack. this is the check in area.
give them your name and tell them your with the super-host group, with the "Lutz group."

If you already have reservations in the valley and would like to visit with the group or join in the Saturday night potluck email me and we will leave your name at the gate so you can enter.
Sal

Quote from: Dee4jHi Sal

One of our Sccamperrs is interested but didn't know where it was etc.

I posted a link to Hyjinx III with the coupground links etc....

do you think maybe you can edit your first post to include more info??

we have quite a few new families that may want to go.

Thanks

Dee4j

Thanks Sal....I liked staying outside...I don't like the traffic inside the park

If I was an NNCer I would definetly go. As I said maybe next year

Calstate361

Dee, you know you don't have to be an NNCer to come, anyone is welcome.

I received the package from the campground and the fee will be the same...$32 per night.  They have a new contract this year and one of the items is that we have to notify them of a cancellation 14 days in advance or there is no refund.  I also have to have the deposit to them ($650.00) in two weeks!  I don't like this because we don't know if we will fill all 10 sites and I don't like forking out that kind of money so far in advance.  I'll have to call and talk to the Super Host Coordinator and state my concerns.  We will see what happens.  I am also assuming that we will be placed in "Sun Valley" where we usually are, but that may change if they don't get the electricity fixed.

More to come as things progress.

Joan

OC Campers

I am sorry to say we will be in Michigan at this time.   We don't even have any camping trips planned this year except for Memorial Day and even then we are renting a motorhome and heading to the Mojave desert.

Life is getting tough having a teenager (15) and me working weekends.  The only time we can camp is during the week.  And right now the kids are in school.  Then when it is summer and they don't have school it is 110 out.:(

Jacqui

griffsdad

Quote from: OC CampersI am sorry to say we will be in Michigan at this time. We don't even have any camping trips planned this year except for Memorial Day and even then we are renting a motorhome and heading to the Mojave desert.

Life is getting tough having a teenager (15) and me working weekends. The only time we can camp is during the week. And right now the kids are in school. Then when it is summer and they don't have school it is 110 out.:(

Jacqui
Jacqui, things will get better. Hoping you can go camping soon. PS you sent me a PM and I didn't get it because my file was full.

OC Campers

Quote from: griffsdadJacqui, things will get better. Hoping you can go camping soon. PS you sent me a PM and I didn't get it because my file was full.
I know things will get better but it will ba awhile.   Fortunately, Kendra will be getting her license in August so she will be able to take herself to all the activities and other teenager stuff she is doing.

I did send you a PM.  I wanted to let you and Lori know I was going to stop by Newport Dunes and visit.   Hopefully, we will get to see you guys next year.

Jacqui

griffsdad

Quote from: OC CampersI know things will get better but it will ba awhile. Fortunately, Kendra will be getting her license in August so she will be able to take herself to all the activities and other teenager stuff she is doing.

I did send you a PM. I wanted to let you and Lori know I was going to stop by Newport Dunes and visit. Hopefully, we will get to see you guys next year.

Jacqui
We're sorry we missed you :( Jacqui, I was looking at the Drunk Squad posts and I noticed that you said that you rarely have a drink. I find that both admirable and unbelievable with a teenage daughter who will be getting her driver's license soon. Oh man. I have to a few pops to help my head strong 6 year old with his homework. We call it Daddy's medicine. aka Jack Daniels on ice. ;)

Calstate361

Hey we need some people to sign up for this rally.  All we have attending now is a friend from work and her friends.   The resort is bugging me for the deposit ($640.00) for the 10 sites we have reserved.  I told them that I'm not going to fork out that kind of money when people are not signing up.  So I have just 2 more week before the sites are cancelled.

ATTENEES:

Jack & Debbie McDowell (Joan's Friend from Work)   6/29 - 7/1
Sharon McDowell  (Jack's Sister)    6/29 - 7/1
Bob Burnette  (McDowell's Friends) 6/29 - 7/1
Joan & Sal  6/27 - 6/6

Joan

zamboni

Unfortunately, that is a bad time at work for me to take off.  We've been planning a week long late-July So. Tahoe trip for a year, so when I started my new job in March, I requested that right away.

However, so many "regular" employees take the July 4th week off, which means us contract-employees have to pick up the slack.

Calstate361

Sorry you can't make this one.

ATTENEES:

Jack & Debbie McDowell (Joan's Friend from Work) 6/29 - 7/1
Sharon McDowell (Jack's Sister) 6/29 - 7/1
Bob Burnette (McDowell's Friends) 6/29 - 7/1
Aurora Herburger (Joan's Friend from Work) 6/29 - 7/2
Joan & Sal 6/27 - 6/6

Joan

Gwenzilla

Quote from: Calstate361Hey we need some people to sign up for this rally.

Joan, We really want to attend... really , really want to come!  But the two bosses (owners) at work are taking a "cruise" (Gggrrrrrr), and suddenly Donna and I find that we have been elevated to "essential" employees, and have to abandon our freedom so the business "will run smoothly" in their absence (I think we deserve a pay hike commensurate with our "essential" status  - yeah like that'll happen!).

So that derails our attending this time, so we can only wish you all a great time! and are looking forward to hopefully a HalfdomeHyjinx 6.

Calstate361

THANKS George; I knew you probably wouldn't be able to attend because you told us about the boss' cruze at the Ponderosa rally.

Hey, did you find that "HOT" soup bowl at Albertsons or WinCo?   I have also seen it at Bel Air so it looks like it might be, sort of, a comon item in the Chinese Food Section.

I don't know if there will be a Half Dome Hijinx XI because of the lack of interest last year and this year.  However, we will probably be there anyway so I will probably not super host or make any reservations for the group until I hear that others want to attend.  AND, we will be traveling more since I will be retired (August 30th...78 days to go including my RDOs and the rally vacation).  My boss is hoping I come back as a "retired annuitant".  I have told her that I might come back as at "Retarded Irritant"!  We can work up to 9 months without it affecting my retirement, so I might work just 3 days a week.  :screwy:  :compumad:  :banghead:  :eyecrazy:
We will have to see, I might not even be around depending on our traveling schedule.

Joan

Gwenzilla

Quote from: Calstate361we will be traveling more since I will be retired (August 30th...78 days to go including my RDOs and the rally vacation).

Wait a minute...  you can't possibly be at retirement age yet !  .....  Since when do they let you retire in your 40's ?  

I'm soooooo jealous !   Due to our financial strategies I figure I'll be able to retire when I'm only about 93 yrs old...  wooo hooo!

Yes we have found the HOT soup at Albertsons.  MmmMmmm spicy hot!

I hope you do get more people to sign on next year for truly selfish reasons.  We totally enjoy camping with y'all.

Give Sal our belated happy birthday greeting,  I assume the fivers jacks have been repaired by now? No? Yes?  You gotta have that thing in tip top shape for all your post-retirement travelling.