News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Ignore

Started by Hybrid Holly, Jan 28, 2003, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

SactoCampersI thought it was me, but that just may be my narcissism showing again....[;)]

Cottonwooder

griffsmomOK, I have to ask... Did anyone watch " ER"  last night and if so, what the heck was that all about? I was lost within the first two minutes, even before they started jumping back and forth between Thursday morning and night, and Carter and Pratt. The morning/night thing was complicated further by that solar eclipse, so I couldn t tell if it was truly night time/Pratt s shift, or daytime/Carter s shift.

Heck, when they had that double screen up of those two guys side by side, each talking over the other, well, that pretty much sums up my comprehension of the entire hour, LOL!

Oh, and did that drowning victime girl die or recover? Carter told the father she died while Pratt told the father " she s going to be fine" . Assuming Pratt s shift was after Carter s (going by the 13yo gang-banger who died on Pratt s shift), how did the girl die earlier, then recover later????? [&:][&:][&:]

gsm x2

griffsmomActually--I think that there were at least 4 shifts involved in that show---but maybe more.

Drowning girl lived with no sign of brain damage.

What confused me was how did two doctors and the best nurse get to leave the emergency room to wander the alleyways looking for lost babies.  Isn t that what cops are for?

Also thought it would be exceptionally rude of the Chief Surgeon to have IDIOT written on his good arm, but Georgeanne tells me that things like that do happen.

She told me that there is a famous incident that happened in the unnamed hospital that she worked at for eighteen years.  A hunter shot himself in the leg and but a tourniquet on.  It took him two or three days to literally drag himself out of the woods to civilization and of course gangrene set in.  He was rushed into surgery and in the rush the surgeon took off the wrong leg first--then had to remove the gangrenous one.

The man went for the BIG BUCKS and turned down a settlement of 2 million dollars.  In court the judge dismissed the case right after hearing opening arguments.  He brought the man s lawyer up to " the bench"  and  said, and I quote.  " I don t know why you would ever bring this case to court and waste the court s time.  You re client clearly doesn t have a leg to stand on.  Case dismissed."

gsm x2

OK--might as well admit now---that was a joke, but I couldn t resist.

gsm x2

g-whiz

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Actually--I think that there were at least 4 shifts involved in that show---but maybe more.

Drowning girl lived with no sign of brain damage.

What confused me was how did two doctors and the best nurse get to leave the emergency room to wander the alleyways looking for lost babies.  Isn t that what cops are for?

Also thought it would be exceptionally rude of the Chief Surgeon to have IDIOT written on his good arm, but Georgeanne tells me that things like that do happen.

She told me that there is a famous incident that happened in the unnamed hospital that she worked at for eighteen years.  A hunter shot himself in the leg and but a tourniquet on.  It took him two or three days to literally drag himself out of the woods to civilization and of course gangrene set in.  He was rushed into surgery and in the rush the surgeon took off the wrong leg first--then had to remove the gangrenous one.

The man went for the BIG BUCKS and turned down a settlement of 2 million dollars.  In court the judge dismissed the case right after hearing opening arguments.  He brought the man s lawyer up to " the bench"  and  said, and I quote.  " I don t know why you would ever bring this case to court and waste the court s time.  You re client clearly doesn t have a leg to stand on.  Case dismissed."

gsm x2

OK--might as well admit now---that was a joke, but I couldn t resist.

gsm x2

I totally missed this post but am glad that I saw it because it reminded me to set up the VCR to record tomorrow nights ER since we will be out in the woods camping for two days!!!  [:D]  I actually thot that ER was amazing, innovative and on the cutting edge.... for a soap opera type show.  

I was also reading this post when I saw Scott telling a story that I supposedly told him.  I couldn t believe that he would make something like that up and thot maybe I had forgotten that I had told him.  You know... senior moments and all. [8D] I was glad to see he was kidding.

gsm x2

griffsmom
QuoteI was also reading this post when I saw Scott telling a story that I supposedly told him. I couldn t believe that he would make something like that up and thot maybe I had forgotten that I had told him. You know... senior moments and all.  I was glad to see he was kidding.

Yep--G.  I was just pulling your leg there for a bit.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

griffsmomHi Holly.

gsm x2

griffsmomHi Jeff,

Holly

Ca-girl

griffsmomHi Scott,

Jeff

Surfcal

griffsmomHello Dave,

Tania