News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

August or September camping?

Started by zamboni, Aug 01, 2007, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni

Any NorCal people wanting to join in on a campout either this month or next?

Kelly and I are thinking of doing a weekend in San Francisco (B&B) the weekend of Aug 11th for our anniversary, but are open the rest of the this month and next, except Sept 28-29.

We're open for just about anywhere.  We'd like to go back to Lawson's Landing, but anywhere else others want to would be fine.

Any Nor-Cal'ers have any ideas or desires?

OC Campers

I think we may be able to camp sometime in September.  Randy is going to Michigan the end of September and he has an inventory the week after Labor Day so maybe the 3rd weekend?  I will have to double check with him though.  How far is Lawson't Landing?  I know we talked about it the last time we camped together but I don't remember.

We are actually going to camp this weekend with some people from Randy's work up at Hat Creek (Lassen NP).  I have been wanting to go up here so I will write a review when we get back.

Jacqui

6Quigs

Glen,
we are on for getting together some time.
We are off to Florida this weekend for a week, so that eats up the next 2 weekends.
We already have reservations for the weekend of Aug 17-19th at Seacliff State Beach.
Labor Day weekend we are also booked.
But we are available Aug 24-26, or Sept 7-9, even though the kids are back at school, or any other weekend in September.

Kevin

Dee4j

OMG...Zamboni is alive :D

6Quigs

How about Labor Day weekend?
We have made reservations at Coyote Lake in Morgan Hill arriving on Friday August 31st and leaving Monday September 3rd.
We are in sites 18 and 20, next to the lake and will be camping with Margaret's Sister and Brother in law.
Anyone is welcome to join us.
Go to Coyote Lake and make your own reservations, currently there are still plenty of sites available next to us.
It is dry camping, so no water, electricity or sewer hook-ups and no showers, but we will be bringing our generator, just to top up the batteries during the day, so you are welcome to top up yours as well.
My SIL and BIL camped there a few weeks ago, and said it was nice.

OC Campers

Thanks for the offer Kevin.  Unfortunately, I can't get that weekend off.   Have a great time

Jacqui

The Flyer Crew

Glen,

How about Lawson' Landing the weekend of August 24-26?
I think I can convince Rita that we should escape to the coast that w/e, she will have recently arrived home from two weeks of training in the Nevada desert.

harleywolf

Calstate361

Since I retire on August 30 and can't take time off before then, we could do Spetember 7-9.  I'll check with Sal and let you know.

Joan

JimQPublic

We're not Nor-cal'ers but I'll be knocking around the area late August with my 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter.  Right now (subject to change) we'll be leaving Oroville on or after 8/22 and need to arrive at Yosemite for the Strawberry Music Festival early on Thursday 8/30.

If nothing else comes up we will probably plan on staying with my brother in Paradise through 8/26 then camping at USFS Dimond O from Monday 8/27, leaving Thursday morning.  Dimond O is a very nice USFS campground on the site of the old boy scout camp Dimond O, named after a benefactor Mr. Dimond, used as an "Outpost" for trips in the sierra.  The cleanest vault toilets I've ever seen!  Water in the campground but no dump station- though vault toilets are fine for porta and cassette pottis if you use non-preservative treatment.  The location is on Evergreen Road between 120 and Hetch Hetchy, just outside the park boundary.  The campground is half reservation and half first-come, so arriving Monday should ensure sites.

Any takers?

Jim

Calstate361

Hey, how would you guys like us to host a rally at the NACO/TT Resort called "Russian River"?  It's located near Cloverdale and would be real close for harleywolf.   We could do it the weekend of September 7th since that is after my retirement.  Sal and I have been talking about going back there.

FYI, I remembered that one of our original members "Ab Diver" lives in Ukiah so I gave him a call this morning and caught him before he left for work.   They have not been camping in a long while so I wanted to let him know we might be setting up this rally.  Hopefully they can join us if we book it.

I have left a message at the resort to see if they allow us to super host.   I'll post more after I hear back from them.

Joan

zamboni

Wow... There are campers living in NorCal! :) :) :)

We're open most of the time - given the pressures and crowding of holiday weekends, at this point, we probably don't want to do Labor Day -- the only way we would is if we had definite reservations at a CG where there wouldn't be "crowds" (in other words, probably not possible at this late time).

Sep 7-9 sounds good -- 6Quigs & CalState 36x

Similarly, OC Campers, the 3rd weekend is Sep 14-16...

Lawson's Landing (//www.lawsonslanding.com) is in Bodega Bay (near Petaluma, 1 hr N of SF, then 15 min West to the ocean).  It is a huge peninsula - first come, first served.  No "sites", all dry camping.  You enter, and park your rig where you want to.  There are several water spots (some groups plug a "Y" into the water and run LOOOONG hoses to their group areas).  Obviously, to get a GREAT spot, it is better if one rig goes in a day early and "stakes out" an area.  We've normally never had an issue getting near the sand dunes.  If it is before school, I will take Friday off work and we'll head out Thursday and can "stake out" enough room for everyone.  If it is after school starts for Kelly, I can still go out a day early with the camper & Shelby to stake out an area... if somebody can give Kelly a ride out Friday after work when they come out (or carpool with her in my car if their "camper" comes out the day before as well).

I THINK her first day is Mon Aug 20 (can't ask now; she's asleep, expecting women are...)

FlyerCrew - Aug 24-26 could PROBABLY work... our only hold-out is that Kelly and I are hoping to try to schedule a weekend in San Francisco sometime soon.  We can't find a B&B for this weekend (and next looks slim - but our anniversary is Aug 14th), but we are trying.  We have found a college daughter of a family from our Starcraft camper club who is now at Sac State who would house & doggie-sit (the doggie was our previous only issue with scheduling a non-camping "family" weekend).

If we don't do a SF B&B on Aug 24-26, we are definitely game for camping somewhere!

Or any weekend except Sep 28-29.  Anywhere - dry, etc.

OC Campers

Quote from:  expecting women are...)
[size=7
CONGRATULATIONS!![/size]

When is Kelly due?  Will 2 carseats fit in the Mustang?:yikes: :D

Jacqui

6Quigs

Quote from: OC Campers
Quote from:  expecting women are...)
[size=7
CONGRATULATIONS!![/size]

When is Kelly due?  Will 2 carseats fit in the Mustang?:yikes: :D

Jacqui

I saw that too Jacqui, and was about to see if this was the first announcement, of had he mentioned it in a previous thread.

So Glen and Kelly CONGRATULATIONS, you are half way there to catching up with us.
Hope Kelly is doing O.K. and that you and Shelby are taking good care of her.

As for car seats in the Mustang, when our daughter was born, we found the infant car seat would not fit in my Camero, so I had to trade it in for a Minivan :mad:

Calstate361

CONGRATS Glen & Kelly

Just before lunch I got a call back from the folks at Russan River resort and they do have the super host program.  SO, I have booked the weekend of September 7th for 5 sites.  I'll have Sal make up a rally thread so you can all post there if you can make it.  Hopefully Ab Diver and his family can join us.

Joan