PROPOSAL: Change the name of this club forum

Started by zamboni, Aug 14, 2007, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni

All-

Given the turnover in the folks here in the NorCal area on these forums, I think we would get better responses (Google Searches, etc) if we renamed NCCNEPHCOFF to something that casual people would know...

What about something like NorCal Campers, etc?  At least something that has CA or Northern or California or something equally descriptive in the name?

That way, new campers (and there are many in the "General" area) would know about this - and people searching Google would get hits to this area...

What are other people's thoughts?

I'd like to see this NorCal area get hopping again, and maybe we can start to rival SCCampers in terms of sheer number of campouts/year planned :sombraro:

wavery

Quote from: zamboniAll-

I'd like to see this NorCal area get hopping again, and maybe we can start to rival SCCampers in terms of sheer number of campouts/year planned :sombraro:
:book: "maybe we can start to rival SCCampers in terms of sheer number of campouts/year planned"  :J  :J  :J

It'll never happen :J SCCAMPERS RULE :!

Although...............you do have a valid point......what's up with "NCCNEPHCOFF" :confused:

I feel a challenge coming on :-()

TheViking

I like the idea Glen. Try to make sound as close to our name as possible, that way it's easier for people to remember. Call yourselves "NoCampers" !!

I crack myself up

jgr

The only way I found this forum was due to your post on the General forum saying check it out.  I don't want to step on any toes re what you call this forum (I'm sure there is some good humor behind the inside joke re the name of this group) but I would've been looking in this forum and posting more localized questions over the past few weeks if I'd known about it.    
Cheers

zamboni

Quote from: jgrI don't want to step on any toes re what you call this forum

Many moons ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, this was an active group.  The "name" is an acronym:

North Central California Non-Exclusive PopUp & Hybrid Camping Organization of Friendly Folks

They even have a website: http://nick-neff-cough.org

-----> Unfortunately, the "future Rallies" page starts with Feb 2005 campouts!

It has died-away... time to resurrect this forum with a new name...

Quote from: jgrI would've been looking in this forum and posting more localized questions over the past few weeks if I'd known about it.

I'd hoped that would be what you (and other new people) would say -- as it justifies me wanting to rename this :)

Personally, my intensive Google search long ago found the NNC website.  From there, I found the PUT forums, and found there was a campout the NEXT NIGHT at Lake Tahoe (Sept 2004), and I managed to track someone down who said "call the campground and drop in"... so we did... arriving late Friday evening to camp with about 10-12 rigs where NOBODY knew us or that we were coming :)

dkutz

How about

NCC "No Camping Club"  
Or

"TOCCC"  "The Other California Camping Club."  

or

WWWISC  "Wish We Were in So Cal"

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

zamboni

Quote from: dkutzWWWISC  "Wish We Were in So Cal"

Uh, then, we drive down I-5.

Next to the aquaduct.

And remember... one little leak, and SoCal becomes Arizona again :S

OC Campers

As a member with dual citizenship (Scampers amd NNC) I think changing the name is a good idea.   I just don't have any wity names at this particular moment.  I do my best thinking at 1am:eyecrazy:.  

There are a bunch of Norcal campers over at PUX too.   Once we get the change going, I will post it over there too.

Jacqui

naganthunter

Quote from: zamboniUh, then, we drive down I-5.

Next to the aquaduct.

And remember... one little leak, and SoCal becomes Arizona again :S

...I may be dating myself here - but in the words of Mr. Rome: "Just keep sending us our water battery chuckers"

Civil_War_Buff

zamboni "All-

Given the turnover in the folks here in the NorCal area on these forums, I think we would get better responses (Google Searches, etc) if we renamed NCCNEPHCOFF to something that casual people would know..."

Do I hear the faint sound of "Taps" playing over the Coughers?

Best of luck to you!

OC Campers

Quote from: Civil_War_Buffzamboni "All-

Given the turnover in the folks here in the NorCal area on these forums, I think we would get better responses (Google Searches, etc) if we renamed NCCNEPHCOFF to something that casual people would know..."

Do I hear the faint sound of "Taps" playing over the Coughers?

Best of luck to you!
I know it kind of brings a tear to my eye but I think if we want to get a Northern California group started. this is what needs to be done.:(   Change is good (most of the time:) )

Jacqui

TheViking

Quote from: OC CampersI know it kind of brings a tear to my eye but I think if we want to get a Northern California group started. this is what needs to be done.:( Change is good (most of the time:) )

Jacqui

Then you should CHANGE from your pop-up to a Toy Hauler then...:p

Dee4j

Quote from: TheVikingI like the idea Glen. Try to make sound as close to our name as possible, that way it's easier for people to remember. Call yourselves "NoCampers" !!

I crack myself up

Now THAT'S funny  :J  

Glen I agree since most of the original NNcer's are non-existant. The key is to be found on a search. wether it be PU camping, Camping clubs in North Ca...etc you want your groups link to show up on page one not page 45

now having more rallies planned than us in the south...doubt that will happen  :U

TheViking

Quote from: Dee4jNow THAT'S funny :J

now having more rallies planned than us in the south...doubt that will happen :U

That's like saying the Drunk Squad can out party the Fish Squad......can't happen

Calstate361

OOOHHHHH, now I'm tearing up :(  

As one of the ORIGINAL NCCers it is sad but I must agree.  The name originally came up between Y-Guy, SurfCal, and Nick at our first camp out were we all met at Bodega Bay and didn't know each other at all.  Since we don't hear from them much anymore, what the hay!!!   Since Sal and I are about the only ones hosting rallies any more for NNC, why not.  I'll put Sal to thinking on this, he is good about coming up with fun names.  

As for the challenge, I do not accept it!  There isn't enought of us any more and since I'm retiring the end of this month, I'm not in the mood to argue or take up a challenge.  SCCampers, remember you are our Sister Group and were created AFTER NCC.

I DO NOT LIKE NO-CAMPERS!!!!  That is not very friendly; we need a better name.  Jacqui, put your thinking cap on,and I will too.

Hey Larry (Civil War Buff), it's good to see you lurking again.  

Joan