SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

NorCal Check in

Started by harleywolf, Aug 21, 2008, 12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleywolf

Hey all, just checking in to see how everyone

miss kathy

I remember going to Kelly's 16 years ago with my sister & her 4 year old son and my 1 year old grandson- the camp host used to make the biggest campfire I had ever seen and used to have a stick that he would roast at least 10 or more of the most golden marshmallow I had ever seen. It was a great place to go.  

Have been trying to go a least once a month - Spent 5 days at Lake siskiyou at the beginning of the month - well worth the drive from the Bay Area, the lake is beautiful and the weather was great.  Met lots of new friends.  

Took a look at Casini Ranch over the 4th of July = nice place- a little on the expensive side- but the river being so close was nice-

So days spent at Sunset State beach - Santa Cruz and at Caswell Memorial Park at Ripon, CA -

Just like you hard to believe summer is over - but I hope with my tent trailer I can extend the season until late December.  I have 2 more offical trips planned for the rest of the year and trying to get in a couple more before Dec.  between work travel may be hard to do.  :)

OC Campers

Since we bought the new camper, we have been trying to get out more.  We went to Bridgeport in June for a week, Lake Lopez in Arroyo Grande witht the Scampers, Lake Francis with Zambonie and over Labor day we are headed to Snug Harbor (Sacramento delta area).

Jacqui

Gwenzilla

Rick, its been a real bad summer season for us.  We had to cancel our exquisitely planned Oregon 2 week + vacation (including eating some cancellation fees) when the owner of the company both Donna and I work for put the company up for sale right before our planned departure date, which would have put us both on unemployment at the same time.  But then after doing that the prospective buyer balked, so we still have a job for now, but think they are still looking to sell the company.  So the Oregon trip will be rescheduled for 2009.

We managed to get a weekend up at Petaluma KOA to meet some friends staying there. Besides that nothing else so far. Like I said its been a difficult summer.

We have a 3 day weekend planned in Hollister area coming up, and another trip to Petaluma reserved to attend a rally for a sizable group of TrailManor owners.

Anything after that will just be spur of the moment trips.

Nice to hear some NorCal Campers are still getting out there... wish it could be us too...

Geo.

calstate360

HI, this is Joan using Sal's ID; it's easier than logging out and logging back in.  

We finally got the 5er front jacks fixed and went to the NACO/TT preserve (Ponderosa) in Lotus/Coloma.  It's the same place we had the mini rally before.  Since my last day working was July 30, we left on Aug. 12th and just got back last Friday (8/29).  It was nice and quiet even though we had a sick dog.   You may have seen that we had to put our big dog, Buddy, down in June and then I had to put one of my cats, Little Girl, down on my birthday (8/7) so it was not a very nice day.  Anyway, since Killer was lonesome we went to the Sac Pound and found a small Chihuahua.  Sal has named her Taz.  She is 11 years old and black with some white here she is graying.  We got her in 8/5, just before we left for camping, I got her some kennel cough medicine because she was coughing and didn't want to be camping for almost 3 weeks and have her get sicker.  Well we used up all the medicine and she still had the cough and a very runny nose so yesterday I took her back to the vet and it looks like she has developed a bit of phenomia (sp?) so now I have to give her more medicine.  While we were camping, she wouldn't walk in the trailer or outside and wanted to be held all the time and wouldn't eat.  So we thought she was just sick, but the minute we got home she went prancing down the hall looking around and immediately went and ate the cat food.  She was playing the sickness to the hilt.  We are such suckers!!!   Anyway Killer and Taz are learning to deal with each other so things should settle down.

As for camping with others, how can we if no one lets us know?  We didn't post ours because there was no time for me to coordinate with the superhost at the preserve.  But if you others let us know by posting here we can probably join you; we can't unless you let us know.

Since my job finished on July 30th, I'm not working at the moment but might have another job lined up soon.  A friend of one of the ladies that I worked with at State Controller's Office e-mailed her asking if she know of a Retired Annuitant that know how to do contracts and, of course, she told him about me. That was on 8/13 and we have left on the 12th.  So when we got back I immediately called the person that I was supposed to send the resume to in order to find out if it was too late or not.  Well she called me back and she is checking to see if they can hire me with the "freeze" the governor has imposed.  She said the the Board of Control (their office) is exempt from a lot of that stuff and she will get back to me soon.  So I might be working again by next week or so.

Like it has been said before, post it and they will come.  So let us know where you will be and the rest of us will try to make it.

Joan