News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

2010 Meet in the Middle "Site" Poll

Started by boncrab, Oct 28, 2009, 12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boncrab

Ok! Here are my top 5 choices. LINKS BELOW Yes,,, I know it grew...Beat ya to the punch..LOL

Please pick your first choice in the poll. Tell me your reasons and your second choice.

POLL CLOSES WEDNESDAY, NOV 4TH.

Choose carefully.

Bonnie

San Lorenzo Park

Wine Country RV Resort

Monterey Vacation RV Park

Casa de Fruta This campground has an area that is away from the main campground where our group evening noise would not be an issue. Could be fun to have some privacy for the group. A mid-June to the first part of July would be the best time for a rally here. It's approx 50 minutes to Santa Cruz or San Jose (Winchester Mystery House) and approx 40 minutes to Monterey.

The Garlic Farm RV Park This park is a few miles closer to the Monterey peninsula than Casa de Fruta.

Santa Margarita KOA  Found this one tonight and thought I would add it to the list.

dkutz

bonnie you may want to post this in SCCamper site as well...

Dee4j

Quote from: dkutz;212078bonnie you may want to post this in SCCamper site as well...

yep that's a great Idea.... actually post a link in Socal to this thread so they're no posting in both threads

dkutz

ha ha checking the rv reviews for these one came up with

"Also people running around constantly in golf carts watching your every move."

" Then I ran into the man in the cart who runs around being very brusque with the customers"

not good for sccampers

dkutz

ok heres my initial take.

San Lorenzo Park - water elec only.  Might be issue for some. no pool, no wifi.  Pretty trees, nice sites, closer drive fo socal, further from santa cruz area

Wine Country RV Resort - :)free wifi, cable. pool and hot tub,:( No shade, basically parking lot. Noisey right next to highway, expensive?, snooty managers?....

Monterey Vacation RV Park - :)full hookups, closer to boardwalk etc, :(no wifi or cable, reviews says lots of full timers, and the Pool is closed?

Casa de Fruta - :)wifi, cable, full hookups, have amusement area for kids:( highway noise,no pool, full timers, have amusement area for kids, no pic's so hard to tell what it looks like

The Garlic Farm RV Park -:) full hookups, cable, wifi, pool hot tub:( no shade,

Hard to choose, they all have advantage disadvantages...

miss kathy

Sorry, but Casa de Fruta has a pool and we heard no highway noise when we stayed there- the area that Bonnie is looking at is a great place for a rally- we would be the only ones-  

miss kathy:-()

dkutz

Quote from: miss kathy;212083Sorry, but Casa de Fruta has a pool and we heard no highway noise when we stayed there- the area that Bonnie is looking at is a great place for a rally- we would be the only ones-

miss kathy:-()

Nice to hear from someone who has stayed there. That is actually the one I was leaning towards, still not sure though.

does that group area have hookups?

Sue Hardee

I picked the wine country resort because its closer to San Diego...But would want to go in June as it won't be too hot and there is no shade..but it looks clean and has a pool and I would love to visit all the wine vineards

OC Campers

I have not been to any of these parks but I chose Casa de Fruta because we would have an area all to our selves.  Dee and her blow torch and bonfire could glow all night without a problem.  Plus we could stay up and talk without being yelled at.  

Second choise would be the Wineries RV park because of its location.  Close to all the wineries, San Luis Obispo and to Pismo if you want to go to the beach.

Jacqui

dkutz

Quote from: dkutz;212080ha ha checking the rv reviews for these one came up with

"Also people running around constantly in golf carts watching your every move."

" Then I ran into the man in the cart who runs around being very brusque with the customers"

not good for sccampers

FYI this was about Wine country RV

Dee4j

Quote from: OC Campers;212090I have not been to any of these parks but I chose Casa de Fruta because we would have an area all to our selves.  Dee and her blow torch and bonfire could glow all night without a problem.  Plus we could stay up and talk without being yelled at.  

Second choise would be the Wineries RV park because of its location.  Close to all the wineries, San Luis Obispo and to Pismo if you want to go to the beach.

Jacqui

not sure I'm going to make the drive this year..They are all too far north except wine country and that could get really hot avg temp's 90. Kids hate pismo beach- too cold and windy...is there a campground map for this place?

what dates?

still on the fence about this one...

boncrab

I have a campground map that I can scan and post (I have permission to do so) However, there is not a specific map section for the area I would like to book. The private are has water and electric hookups but not sewer. They have a pool and a play area up by the office.

Here is a satellite view of Casa De Fruta.

boncrab

boncrab

Santa Margarita KOA  

Found this one tonight and thought I would add it to the list.

Recumbentman

Bonnie
Thanks for your hard work, but We will have to pass on these choices. We don't want to have to drive all day to get to some of these choices and some are out in the hotter area of Calif. for that time of year.

Thanks again

Brad & Mary