News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

2010 Meet in the Middle "Site" Poll

Started by boncrab, Oct 28, 2009, 12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Way

I voted for Casa De Fruta but we will go wherever the group goes as long as it fits in to our schedule--we can't make it the first week of August.  We were at Wine Country RV over Memorial weekend and it is in a great location for wine tasting and there is a water park next door.  We did see the guy in the golf cart alot checking up on things so there may be a problem if we are a large noisy group.

Gwenzilla

I've never camped at Casa De Fruta... however having driven by it many times, the majority of the visible sites from the road appear to be an asphalt parking lot... a very large asphalt parking lot.  Are you sure the "private" area you are talking about booking isn't part of those areas?
I guess next time I'm down in the area I'll have to give the Casa De Fruta RV area a closer look.
Also keep in mind that it does get hot <> out that way in the summer months.  
Casa De Fruta does have a lot of fun shops, and stuff to see though.

Dee4j

Quote from: boncrab;212101I have a campground map that I can scan and post (I have permission to do so) However, there is not a specific map section for the area I would like to book. The private are has water and electric hookups but not sewer. They have a pool and a play area up by the office.

Here is a satellite view of Casa De Fruta.

do they have a honey wagon? no sewer would limit the length of stay

6Quigs

Bonnie,
At casa De Fruita, does the Hilltop area have flush toilets and showers?
Anyone with a popup needs the toilets and those of us with holding tanks can last a lot longer by taking showers at the campground shower house.

beacher

What happened to Smithwoods, (or the resort next door to it)?

Recumbentman

Quote from: beacher;212134What happened to Smithwoods, (or the resort next door to it)?

Carlos
Where have you been :D
check out Smithwoods rally posting #518 ;)

beacher

Quote from: Recumbentman;212138Carlos
Where have you been :D
check out Smithwoods rally posting #518 ;)

WOW!  After logging in sporadically during the past two months, I guess if I don't read every post, I might miss the little tiny details!:p

So, which of the new options has a good plumbing system, tolerates a little noise, and likes kids?:D

guinea

Quote from: beacher;212143WOW!  After logging in sporadically during the past two months, I guess if I don't read every post, I might miss the little tiny details!:p

So, which of the new options has a good plumbing system, tolerates a little noise, and likes kids?:D

I called Casa De Fruita a few minutes ago:

They have a clubhouse with a stove, refrigerator, oven, and tables to have potlucks.  This would be free to our group.  I think there might be a problem with freeway noise in some spots (not sure).  

At least 10 rigs is $35.64 per night total.

Glenna:-():eyecrazy::book:
2 story carousel and a train.

Free wine tasting.

Electric, water, wifi, cable, and sewer.  Pull thru sites.  The sites are designed so that 2 trailers face each other.  Asphalt and trees.

No charge for dogs or extra visitors.

miss kathy

the area that Bonnie is looking at for us is not at the front of the park- the area that you are describing is at the front and is a big parking lot- with lots of pavement- and the site do face each other- you should look at the google image and you will see that it is a large area with grass.

I have stayed at this park and the front is just a parking lot-

Miss kathy