News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Reyes the Rool Rally

Started by g-whiz, Feb 14, 2003, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Memory Maker

SurfcalWell here we are and only 115 hours to go.
 I ve eMailed the majority of you that want the logo. If you still want the logo, drop me a line at scottgen@att.net   and I ll send it out to you.

In case you haven t seen it: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/scottwrey
 I ve also put your handle at the bottom of each one!

SactoCampers

SurfcalRay,

You " Pulled a Holly"  with this thread. Let s see how many NNCers will Pull a Holly this year. [;)].

QuoteSacto, we need some calculations going. Word problem, if Ab Diver normally consumes a gallon per 15 miles with no wind, and now, if there is 10 miles of headwinds on his way to Olema, what is his new mileage rating?

You re missing way too many variables for me to calculate his new fuel economy. [8D]. I need overall distance to Olema and rate speed.

QuoteOK, now my Sacto imitation:

If you are consuming domestic beer at the rate of 2 beers per hour and you ve been drinking for 3 hourx, then that will total 6 over time. That really isn t enough to get anyone inibriated on the blood alcohol scale of ,01, unless of course you are imbibing beverages with higher content of more than...

Nice try! I think you re still bitter about me calling you out on that " spontaneous"  introspective self-portrait at Lake Cachuma.[;)]

For those who may have missed my post in the REAL RTRR thread, I have to cancel our reservations for RTR. Go to the REAL RTRR thread and read all about it [;)]. Something about catastrophic engine failure on I-15 heading north outside of San Bernardino.

I ve got about two weeks of posts to catch up on, but it s comforting to see G-Whiz has been holding down the fort.

Surfcal

SactoCampersSactocampers:

I am going to ignore that you are dissing this thread.  This is the very first thread I ve started in the NNC forum.  I have been merely a contributor to everyone else s thread.  And then you come along and diss my thread.  I ll remember that!

But I did go to the renegade thread to see your entry there and here I am back to respond.  I am very sorry to hear about the minivan.  Glad to know that it ll be resurrected.  Doubly glad that you, Jen and BabySacto are all fine.  Very bummed that you won t be at Olema.  I was counting on Rabble Rousing you in person.

However, you are the prime holder of the " back-out"  record at Nick-Neff-Cough.  It is a unique distinction bestowed only to the very best in backing out.  You are one of the finest we ve ever seen.  Such as the Del Valle, " oh, I can only come for one night and solo."   Or, the Snug Harbor, " we can t come because something came up and we can t back out of that one."   Or, " my SIL is giving birth."   And the latest, " my vehicle blew an engine."   They re like lines for a country/western song!

Namaste
 Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal
QuoteHowever, you are the prime holder of the " back-out"  record at Nick-Neff-Cough. It is a unique distinction bestowed only to the very best in backing out. You are one of the finest we ve ever seen. Such as the Del Valle, " oh, I can only come for one night and solo."  Or, the Snug Harbor, " we can t come because something came up and we can t back out of that one."  Or, " my SIL is giving birth."  And the latest, " my vehicle blew an engine."  They re like lines for a country/western song!

Yep, I ve got the award, but Del Valle doesn t count as backing out. It counts as backing in....most people would see that as a sign of commitment! [;)][:)]. However, in my defense, all the events are true! We ll just have to rabble rouse another time. [8D]

Surfcal

SurfcalHey TMM:

I got the graphic art file and I printed it out and slipped it into a plastic sleeve.  That thing looks great.  Thanks for all your work on that.

Surfcal

The Memory Maker

SurfcalO.K now that we know that my emailing the signs didn t work all that well.
 (Plan B) I ll print out the signs(other than surfcal s) at work and bring them to the rally.
 I m getting off work @12:30 so we hope to be there be 3:00-3:30

Mike-
 Re-eMail me about the problem with the names on the signs.

otter

The Memory MakerI will miss all the fun and giggles this weekend.
 Have GREAT time EVERYONE....Like i need to tell you that.  
 I wnat looooong report and lots of pictures by Monday morning.
 hugs  to all
 Kazooom

gsm x2

Surfcal
QuoteGSM X2:

We re all packed, ready to leave first thing in the morning. We re sleeping in our travel clothes except the shoes, set the alarm at 6:45 am, hook-up at 6:55 and be on the road by 7:00 am. See you all at the rally.

Very close, but sleeping in until 6:45???  Way to late to be able to get through Santa Barbara before traffic.

gsm x2

The Memory Maker

The Memory MakerCal State 360 are you already in Olema?
 Did you receive the rally sign o.k.? If not let me know ASAP so I can bring yours along with the others.

calstate360

The Memory Maker
QuoteORIGINAL:  The Memory Maker

Cal State 360 are you already in Olema?
 Did you receive the rally sign o.k.? If not let me know ASAP so I can bring yours along with the others.

No it never made it.
 Were still here. Did not get the trailer back untill last Friday. Joan was still reloading it at 5pm.
 Then the muffler shop set my truck on fire this morning. [:@]
 I m begining to think I m jinxed. We ll leave as soon as we finish loading
 in the morniing.
 Thanks

The Memory Maker

The Memory MakerCal State 360
 I ll have your sign with the others when I arrive.Thanks for the reply.
 See you there!
 R.Barchetta
 Thanks for the heads up about the grey water.

Red neff Barchetta

The Memory MakerIf people aren t checking the " official"  thread for this rally then you might have missed Nick s (Mike) post;

Quote*********IMPORTANT MESSAGE***********

It was brought to my attention by the early arrivers that there is no sewer hookup at our sites. So bring your totes if you need them.

Sal - They set your truck on fire?!!!  Can t wait to hear how they managed that!
 Scott - No problem.
 See everyone today or tonight!  We re gone in an hour.

Ab Diver

The Memory MakerHey all, if you haven t left yet...

I just hurt my leg. Dunno yet if I ripped a tendon or not, but this may put me out of commission for the rally. I literally can t walk to load the truck or trailer. Point is, I was bringing that large BBQ grill of mine to cook G-Whiz s ham. Can one of you guys bring an extra grill or something to deal with it? I just hate letting the group down like this.

No, this is not a joke.    %$#@^%*!!!!!!

If this doesn t get better overnight, it s gunna need medical attention. If it does get better, the Ab Divers will show up, but late. Please pass this info on to the rest of the group. I just talked to Jeff, see him for some details.

Awwwww, man.... I m so bummed I could just, well... let s just say I m bummed.

[:(]

calstate360

Ab Diver
QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Hey all, if you haven t left yet...

I just hurt my leg. Dunno yet if I ripped a tendon or not, but this may put me out of commission for the rally. I literally can t walk to load the truck or trailer. Point is, I was bringing that large BBQ grill of mine to cook G-Whiz s ham. Can one of you guys bring an extra grill or something to deal with it? I just hate letting the group down like this.

No, this is not a joke.    %$#@^%*!!!!!!

If this doesn t get better overnight, it s gunna need medical attention. If it does get better, the Ab Divers will show up, but late. Please pass this info on to the rest of the group. I just talked to Jeff, see him for some details.

Awwwww, man.... I m so bummed I could just, well... let s just say I m bummed.

[:(]

Ok so which one of us is jinxed?  I don t have a grill to take but I will let them know. Hang in there Dave we have our fingers crossed.
 We will be out of here as soon as Joan gets back from the store.

6Quigs

The Memory MakerChange of plans from us.

We will not be arriving until Saturday, around high noon,
 We will see everyone then

Kevin & Margaret