News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

My 1977 Bethany

Started by Latitude11, Jun 20, 2007, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latitude11

Last night we paid for and picked up our trailer. Ended up paying $200 for her, score! We got it towed without any problems, backed in and set up great including electricity. The lifting mechanism is soooo smooth,honestly I lifted my side with one hand and it opened without effort.My husband, a friend and I get it almost all set up and I run two blocks away to the store and trust them to finish. We all hang out inside around the dinette, eating dinner and smoking a blunt to break'er in, if you will. Twenty minutes later out of nowhere the thing tips back about two feet and my husband rushes to the other side to balance her!! I left the men for FIVE minutes to get ice and they forget to put the leveling jacks on the back! Honestly, to think you need a checklist in your own driveway. Lesson learned! Thankfully we laughed through the whole incident, they got the jacks set up and we thought it was great that we already have funny stories to tell about our pup.

I documented breaking down the trailer from the seller's house and transporting it to our home. I have another folder documenting the repairs I need to get working on.

Here are the pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/latitude11?vhost=community

munchkin

What a deal!! Even has original cushions! Good job!

Munchkin

Latitude11

Quote from: munchkinWhat a deal!! Even has original cushions! Good job!

Munchkin

Thanks Munchkin, on all the posts I made on different boards you're the only one who thinks I did a good thing.  Everyone else tells me it's going to take a lot of work to get it camping ready, but I think she's beautiful and at least ready for our driveway.  Once she's registered and I have the wheels checked then I should be good to go.

Trailman

I think it looks good, Bethany campers were well built.
There is a Yahoo site for Bethany enthusiasts, it has lots of pics of owner's campers, various years and models.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bethanycampers/

Funrover

Nice.... You will have fun with the rebuild.... I am a member of the $200 or less club also!!  Good to see the older campers still out and about.. I say you did great!