News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

1966 Apache Buffalo Mesa For Sale- $650

Started by clbolt, Apr 02, 2008, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clbolt

I currently have 2 1966 Buffalo Mesas, so one of them has to go. It's faded anodized gold, with a Gregory's replacement canvas. The canvas isn't new, but there are no holes in the canvas or screening, and it still has lots of life left in it. The tires are good (5.70x8 on galvanized wheels), the bearings have been repacked, the taillights rewired, and the top resealed. This camper is a one year only model, and it has the aluminum road cover.

This Apache will need cushions and mattresses. The floor is solid with the exception of a very small are in the front driver's corner. Wood hardener would fix this. The front bed shelf needs metal work and plywood. The camper has the sleeper dinette, but no galley, icebox, or porta-potty. It has the original floor covering. With a few weekends work, she could be ready to camp again.

I recently towed this Apache 1300 miles (in 2 days) with my 1986 Toyota Tercel wagon. That's a 62 horsepower car with 360k miles on it. When I say this Apache can be towed behind almost anything, I've proven it. This isn't a pristine camper. With the work I've mentioned, it'd be ready to camp, or it would make a good candidate for a complete restoration. The aluminum top eliminates worries about cracking plastic, and the lack of a crank lift mechanism (the top lifts as you slide out the beds) eliminates a common source of expensive repairs. Apache listed the weight at 785 pounds, and it's a lot of trailer packed into a small, lightweight package.

Here's the deal; I want a new canvas for my other Buffalo Mesa, which is $650 shipped from Gregory's. You call and order the canvas, shipped to me, and you get a complete 66 Buffalo Mesa. Delivery is available at my cost as well, within the CONUS. I'll deliver it within 500 miles (I'm in Arkansas) for the cost of gas (28mpg round trip) and meals. Distances over 500 miles would also involve inexpensive lodging. I'd like this camper to find a good home, and I'm literally willing to go the extra mile to see that it happens.

Email if you're interested; clbolt (at) prodigy (dot) net .