News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What Year is my "New" 1970's Jayco?

Started by fivecampers, Jan 24, 2009, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fivecampers

After seeing the "vintage" section here I had to join.  I purchased my first pop up which is a Jayco from the 70's this past fall.  It is really in great shape for its age and I believe all original.  I cant figure out what year it is because my title says "homade trailer" which was something the previous owner did because he replaced the tongue on the trailer??  I painted it white/green shortly after bringing it home.  It was the original sage green color with a black stripe.  I have already had fun starting to fix it up.  I added an a/c in the back where the spare used to mount, made a table for it and am replacing the roof vent.  I tried posting a pic but the file was too big so I need to work on that.
Thanks for any help
Dan

Trailman

Congrats on your "new" vintage camper  :D
Need more info to figure out the year.
Any model names on it?
Do the bunks slide out to the sides or front and back?
For instance here is a pic of a Jayco Jayflipper 1974 vintage bunks right and left.

fivecampers

Thanks Trailman, my pop up slides out front to back.  I thought the pic you posted was interesting because that was the exact same colors (green/black) that mine was when I got it.  The plastic Jayco emblems are also the same.  I cant find a name anywhere on it but it is just over 11' long and has a stove that slides out through a door on the side.  I will try to get a pic of it posted but the ones I have are apperantly too big.

Thanks
Dan

kcamacho

Hey fivecampers. I too have just aquired a 70's jayco PUP so i have been doing some research. If you go to http://parts.cunninghamcampers.com/page_id=18 you can register and get the manual for your PUP. I still don't know what mine is but because you have the slide out stove that makes it easy. Happy hunting.
Quote from: fivecampersThanks Trailman, my pop up slides out front to back.  I thought the pic you posted was interesting because that was the exact same colors (green/black) that mine was when I got it.  The plastic Jayco emblems are also the same.  I cant find a name anywhere on it but it is just over 11' long and has a stove that slides out through a door on the side.  I will try to get a pic of it posted but the ones I have are apperantly too big.

Thanks
Dan

fivecampers

Thanks for the info.  I actually called and talked to a guy at Cunningham campers.  I am having trouble with one of my lift cables and he was VERY helpful.  The problem I have is I dont know where the  vin # is located on the camper.  Its not on my title??  Is it on your trailer somewhere?
thanks
Dan

Quote from: kcamachoHey fivecampers. I too have just aquired a 70's jayco PUP so i have been doing some research. If you go to http://parts.cunninghamcampers.com/page_id=18 you can register and get the manual for your PUP. I still don't know what mine is but because you have the slide out stove that makes it easy. Happy hunting.