News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

1981 Venture by Starcraft

Started by kpember60, Feb 22, 2009, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpember60

We just got this 1981 Venture from an abandon home - It appears to be in somewhat decent shape - but does have a sideboard coming apart on the rear end roof section - the top of the roof under the skin also appears to be warped.  The canvas is intact with the exception of 2 places where it should be attached to the trailer itself.  Since we got it for free we would like to put a little time and effort into it if it is worth salvaging - and we do like camping! So my questions are
1.  Roof repairs - any ideas
3. We are not sure if any othe wiring works - where is a good place to get brake light covers - etc.
Thanks

WolfPack

Quote from: kpember60We just got this 1981 Venture from an abandon home - It appears to be in somewhat decent shape - but does have a sideboard coming apart on the rear end roof section - the top of the roof under the skin also appears to be warped.  The canvas is intact with the exception of 2 places where it should be attached to the trailer itself.  Since we got it for free we would like to put a little time and effort into it if it is worth salvaging - and we do like camping! So my questions are
1.  Roof repairs - any ideas
3. We are not sure if any othe wiring works - where is a good place to get brake light covers - etc.
Thanks
Can you post sopme pic of the lights ??

austinado16

Yeah Team Starcraft :U

Regarding the roof.  Seems (seams lol) to be a pretty common failure point in these older Starcrafts.  Mine was really bad across the front face of the roof, and about 12-18" or so down the front side walls.

You can read about my roof repair adventures by searching the "Mr. Fixit" forum archives......"starcraft roof repair" or something should get you there.  Took a lot of time, but wasn't that expensive.

Tail lights are available in all sorts of shapes and sizes.  So if you do some hunting on the RV websites and trailer websites, you'll either find your lenses, or you'll find a complete tail light assembly that will be big enough to mount in the same place as your existing lights, and look "correct."

Have fun!