News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Source for pre-1981 Coleman parts?

Started by unpolire, Jul 06, 2007, 06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unpolire

In trying to restore a 1979 Ticonderoga Ltd. I am running into "obsolete" at the Fleetwood dealer.  The "curved body" trailers before 1981 don't seem to have support.  They have very nice catalogs showing all of the parts, just very few available.  Most numbers are unavailable or superseded by an unlikely part number for an unrelated item.  Is there an alternative source for new or used Coleman PU parts?  Does anyone have a Coleman "graveyard" somewhere in North America?  Is there a Coleman restorer out there?

Trailman

I have never worked on a Coleman trailer but vintage trailers in general I have found require a bit of creative engineering to keep them camping.
What parts are you looking for?

gottabecampin

What parts are you looking for?

unpolire

Thanks for the responses!  Apparently the 1981-1988 Colemans don't have the same CURVED DOOR/STEP as the earlier Coleman PUs.  The part that I need the most is that door!  Someone apparently took all of the "good" parts off of my Ticonderoga LTD.:  I need the door, exterior furnace fitting, interior stove, refrigerator (if originally equipped...), and the two upper canvas supports that attach into the loops on the top and extend into the canvas support hoops.  I know that someone said that their old Coleman was going to be converted into a utility trailer, but was still sitting in a yard, complete.  Boy, would I like to buy ALL of the parts that are going to be discarded!  My local Fleetwood dealer has the nicest parts book and diagrams, but cannot get the parts from Fleetwood.  My 1979 is just "too old."

I can easily completely modernize the interior (the kids want an LCD t.v. installed!) and exterior, but I would like to at least have the option to restore.  All of my original decals are present, just covered with white spray paint.  Solvent or stripper may remove the overspray without damaging them.  Basically, if you have ANY pre-1981 parts, let me know!

azlaine

http://www.fft-inc.com/korkwerks/1968_1995/tableoc.htm
I know this is an old post but just incase someone else needs it.