News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Avion

Started by sacrawf, Nov 01, 2009, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sacrawf

I am considering starting a restoration project on a late 1960's Avion truck camper.  Anyone have any experience or comments regarding this vintage polished aluminum camper?

John Madill

Hi

Avion trailers were built, i believe, here in southwest Michigan.  There is an RV repair place in Watervliet, Michigan called Cayo Repair Service that specializes in Avions.

Phone is 269 463 5068.  He should be able to give some advice and get parts.

I recently saw an Avion online for sale for around $1,200 that looked very nice.  did you buy that one?

sacrawf

I have always been a fan of International Harvester pickup trucks, having purchased a 1975 IHC 3/4 ton pickup truck new, and also having a 1968 pickup and IHC Scouts on our farm.  

I saw a local listing for a 1968 IHC 3/4 ton pickup truck for sale with a truck camper and went to see it last week.  They appear to have been stored for years.   While both the truck and camper are solid foundations for a project, I don't have the space for both, it's too high to fit in my garage.  I decided not to tackle this project.  Last I knew, they are still for sale. This is a great looking vintage camper.  I don't recall seeing one of these Avions before.  It would sure look great restored and the aluminum polished back to it's original shine.