News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

1978 Coleman Gettysburg

Started by My3buicks, Mar 28, 2007, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My3buicks

Here is our 1978 Coleman Gettysburg, it is in really nice condition.  Doing some sprucing up to her as we speak.

Here is what we have done so far, I will post some pictures when I am totally done.

Installed new floor cover (imitation hardwood look) and baseboard molding

Installed new counter top covers and molding

replace dinette table with new table top and single post lef mounted in floor

recovered dinette seats

updated curtains to match new bedding on either end

Added fridge and microwave

new ceiling light

upgraded all old outside hose and electical connectors, inside sink and water connectors.

new cover for stove top

new spare tire cover

Currently sanding exterior for repaint, and new non-original stipes to match beige & brown paint scheme

Waiting to receive and install 14 X 14 roof vent with light and fan

With the new Coleman replacement canvas already installed a couple years ago, it will be like new when I am done (I hope)

beacher

Ok, that's a nice picture from 1978, what does it look like today? ;)

Was that thing stored in a giant ziplock bag in a salt mine for all these years?  :D

My3buicks

Quote from: beacherOk, that's a nice picture from 1978, what does it look like today? ;)

Was that thing stored in a giant ziplock bag in a salt mine for all these years?  :D

It just had really good care over the years.  As you can see looking close it has some chips, I am in the process of a repaint, new floor cover, new counter tops, just some general sprucing up.  The canvas is a couple years old, and is actual original Coleman old stock.  Going to keep it as stock looking as I can.  It has the original brown & tan Coleman awning to match the unit also.

skamper75

hey, thats a great looking camper!

Bigfoot1

Quote from: My3buicksHere is our 1978 Coleman Gettysburg, it is in really nice condition.  Doing some sprucing up to her as we speak.

Here is what we have done so far, I will post some pictures when I am totally done.

Installed new floor cover (imitation hardwood look) and baseboard molding

Installed new counter top covers and molding

replace dinette table with new table top and single post lef mounted in floor

recovered dinette seats

updated curtains to match new bedding on either end

Added fridge and microwave

new ceiling light

upgraded all old outside hose and electical connectors, inside sink and water connectors.

new cover for stove top

new spare tire cover

Currently sanding exterior for repaint, and new non-original stipes to match beige & brown paint scheme

Waiting to receive and install 14 X 14 roof vent with light and fan

With the new Coleman replacement canvas already installed a couple years ago, it will be like new when I am done (I hope)

Bigfoot1

Your 1978 gettysburg is in better shape than my 1980 gettysburg. I installed an airconditioner on the tongue, moving the propane tank to the right side. I replaced the table, built new supports for the seats, had the fried electrical system replaced, and plan to toss the water tank as I only dry camp in tents. The canvas was replaced, but they put the zippers on upside down. (Open from the top) Next I will firgure out how to put in a king sized bed...
Bigfoot in Texas
1996 suburban,
1980 gettysburg
1975 aircamper

My3buicks

here is a quick outside pic, will get some inside this weekend

My3buicks

My3buicks

set up for memorial Day weekend

My3buicks

My3buicks

My3buicks