News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

81 starcraft bunk support

Started by norcaltroutkillr, Jun 16, 2009, 12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norcaltroutkillr

i got this pop up and i have no idea how to instal these support poles.....i assume the shorter two poles fo with the small bunk but I cant figure out if they go into the holes in the bumpers or the frame??

austinado16

If you post a photo or 2, you might get a better response.  I've only operated a Starcraft as old as 1983, but it was the same as any Starcrafts I've seen from that year up into the early 90s.

The bunks sit on horizontal square shaped metal bars. These bars have a squared "hook" at one end.  The hook fits into a bracket on the top of the back or front wall of the camper.  The other end of the square bar has a hinge with a round bar.  The flat end of the round bar goes into slots on the rear bumper, or "ears" on the front "A" frame.

Leaving the bunks shoved into the camper fully, you put the flat end of the round bar into the slots in the bumper or A frame.  Then you hook the end of the squared bar over the end wall.

With all 4 bars attached like this, you slide the bunks out fully.  On the bottom of the bunks will be metal tabs that engage the top square support bar that you previously hooked over the camper's wall.

On longer bunks, there will be a seperate pair of round poles that go from the bunk down to the A frame.  Like this 1981 Starcraft.........

Hope that helps.