My 1971 Cox Conestoga

Started by Funrover, May 18, 2007, 01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trailman

Funrover

yikes   that is a beat up trailer

Trailman

Quote from: Funroveryikes   that is a beat up trailer
Other than some canvas repair i thought it looked pretty good.
I prefer the older style canvas with the small window awnings though, looks more unique and vintage.

JimboC

Quote from: FunroverWell I have had this camper for around 5 years or so now..... after 4 years of use it was time to rebuild.. Last summer I did just that, and it is much better.... However I need to redo the roof again  before this summer starts....

Well here are a few pics...not the best.. I will take more soon!
Originally

Some of the teardown

Don't have the bare frame pic....

Now for the rebuild
Here are some after complete shots

What kind of lumber did you use to rebuild the walls?  I am getting ready to do a complete rebuild of a 69 Cox Cadet 200 and I'm trying to get everything ready that I can.

Funrover

Quote from: JimboCWhat kind of lumber did you use to rebuild the walls?  I am getting ready to do a complete rebuild of a 69 Cox Cadet 200 and I'm trying to get everything ready that I can.

I just went to Lowes/Home depot.....  The floor is 3/4" plywood, walls are 2x2 pine(lowes has 1x1 which I wish they had when I did mine) and 1/4 for the interior walls.. All flooring and wall supports were painted over with KILLZ and then the bottom of the floor was painted with Krylon!  I will find reciepts for you if you need they are in a file in my desk!

Have fun with it!

JimboC

Quote from: FunroverI just went to Lowes/Home depot.....  The floor is 3/4" plywood, walls are 2x2 pine(lowes has 1x1 which I wish they had when I did mine) and 1/4 for the interior walls.. All flooring and wall supports were painted over with KILLZ and then the bottom of the floor was painted with Krylon!  I will find reciepts for you if you need they are in a file in my desk!

Have fun with it!

Thanks for the info.  Did you rebuild the bed ends?  I need to on mine.  I thought about trying to find some oak 2x2s or some other type of hardwood.  I was a little concerned about soft pine supporting my weight since I'm a big guy.

Funrover

No, the bed ends were fine.....  I am a big guy also so I understand what you mean. what if you added metal box as supports and wood on top, your bead would be a little higher but you'd be good to go!