News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Vintage Appleby on Ebay

Started by John Madill, Dec 09, 2007, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Madill

Do a search on ebay for Appleby tent camper and you will find a 1972 model described as mint.  it's  located in New York state and the auction runs for 3 more days.

pictures do look very nice.  i have no personal stake in this, just saw it while surfing.

Trailman

That was  a very nice little tent trailer, someone got a bargain there, it sold for $481.
Interesting to read the history, it was sold by WT Grant's department store in 1972, they apparently marketed numerous appleby models renamed CampCruiser.

cameron

Trailman,

Do you know anywhere to get those old "baby moon" hubcaps like they show in the ad?

Quote from: TrailmanThat was  a very nice little tent trailer, someone got a bargain there, it sold for $481.
Interesting to read the history, it was sold by WT Grant's department store in 1972, they apparently marketed numerous appleby models renamed CampCruiser.

Trailman

Quote from: cameronTrailman,

Do you know anywhere to get those old "baby moon" hubcaps like they show in the ad?
Apparently it is possible to find the 8" Dia Baby moons, some people over on the Apache forum have found some at Boat yards, they are used on some Boat trailers.

John Madill

cameron

Trailman and John,

thanks for the link and info.  This little camper won't be complete without some baby moons.

cameron

Quote from: John Madilltry this website for baby moons

http://www.hubcapmike.com/baby-moon-measure.html

mbrickell

Quote from: TrailmanThat was  a very nice little tent trailer, someone got a bargain there, it sold for $481.

Hey, that one on the label looks like mine...

cameron

hi mbrickell,

is that picture from the VW show in Eureka Springs Arkansas?

Quote from: mbrickellHey, that one on the label looks like mine...

mbrickell

Quote from: cameronhi mbrickell,

is that picture from the VW show in Eureka Springs Arkansas?

No, but not too far off.  From last year's Mo-Kan VW Club Show in Lawrence, KS.  Typically a few eclectic RVs around there, Appleby, Scamp, etc.

Actually, I'm working on getting my canvas ready to go again this year and actually camp.

Coming soon if anyone is in the area!

link:  http://www.mokanvwclub.org/bugblitz.html

--Matt

cameron

I saw Missouri plates and the parking lot looked familiar (if that's possible).  I used to go to the Eureka show every year--pretty good time.

That a great looking caddy btw.

cameron

Quote from: mbrickellNo, but not too far off.  From last year's Mo-Kan VW Club Show in Lawrence, KS.  Typically a few eclectic RVs around there, Appleby, Scamp, etc.

Actually, I'm working on getting my canvas ready to go again this year and actually camp.

Coming soon if anyone is in the area!

link:  http://www.mokanvwclub.org/bugblitz.html

--Matt