News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Appleby tent trailer

Started by rosepetal, Jan 23, 2008, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosepetal

[font='Times New Roman']I noticed someone else is going to restore an appleby trailer.[/font]
[font='Times New Roman']We had picked up a 1970 at a yard sale for $50.00 . The persons that sold it said their father had it before him, was always stored in the garage. [/font]
[font='Times New Roman'] DH had plans to use for carrying excess camping supplies behind our RV.  Well when we got it home and opened her up all intact rails for the canvas, the 4 adjustable legs, spare tire, even the hidden drop down stabilizers,plywood beds good condition, were all there.   The canvas in very good condition no wholes or rips, the  doorway zipper wouldn't zip closed. I showed him a sewing trick to use pliers and  squeeze  the zipper foot  so that it clamps down onto the metal  zipper.  The old metal  zipperfoots  get spreadout and will not zip closed or open .  That fixed it and has worked perfect.[/font]

[font='Times New Roman']Cleaned her up, painted, also clear sealer on the plywood, added  some pulls for lifting the  plywood bed sides, indoor/outdoor carpet inside floorboard, a little wiring repair.  [/font]
[font='Times New Roman']He wanted  it painted to match the samurai.  Black and silver on top to reflect the heat.[/font]

[font='Times New Roman']Been out camping with it several times  it's  easy to setup .[/font]

[font='Times New Roman']Our appleby I was told by someone on the net that this model is called  "Play King"[/font]

[font='Times New Roman']I have other photos that the person sent me and of other Appleby tent trailers, seems there were several models. [/font]
[font='Times New Roman']Tried for months to find more information about the Appleby Mfg. Co. but  found very little information.[/font]

[font='Times New Roman']Hope you enjoy your Appleby as we enjoy ours.[/font]

[font='Times New Roman']http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/559056357HpmoUQ[/font]

Funrover