News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

1978 rockwood

Started by pistonslap, May 05, 2008, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistonslap

Hi,
Just joined the forum and it seems like there is a lot of information on it. I just bought my first pop-up. I've been a tent camper for years but I'm getting a little long in the tooth for sleeping on the ground. It's a 78 rockwood and is in really good shape. The canvas needs replaced as it is getting kind of brittle and tears easily but it doesn't leak. Everything works and it has new tires on it and for $300 I couldn't pass it up.

pistonslap

Here's another pic

pistonslap

Shepherd

Quote from: pistonslapHi,
Just joined the forum and it seems like there is a lot of information on it. I just bought my first pop-up. I've been a tent camper for years but I'm getting a little long in the tooth for sleeping on the ground. It's a 78 rockwood and is in really good shape. The canvas needs replaced as it is getting kind of brittle and tears easily but it doesn't leak. Everything works and it has new tires on it and for $300 I couldn't pass it up.

Wow, $300 and everything works.  We just bought our first pop up for the same reason (long in the tooth for sleeping on the ground).  This place really helped us prepare for buying a used trailer.  Your pictures look great.  See ya around the forum. :tent:

pistonslap

I will definitly be around the forum as I know very little about pop-ups. It will be nice to be able to ask somebody about something before I start rather than figure it out trial and error. After looking at a few re-modeling jobs on the website I think I'll probably re-do mine over the winter. That's when I'll be leaning hard on this forum. Seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. This year I intend just to use it and hope to get a full season out of the canvas.