Main Menu

RE: Trailer Repairs, UGGGG

Started by RTurner, Feb 25, 2003, 02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTurner

Red neff Barchetta
 Real cool links, they seemed to work.

Who are we going to see?
 a) Rick Springfield-isn t he Shaun Cassidy s illegitimate brother (seems like they have the same hair styles)?

b)Whitesnake (opened for Ronnie James Dio  concert in July 1984), Y&T ( we played " I Believe in You"  for our first wedding dance), Dokken (gotta love the hair). This would be where we re headed.

c) Mark Wills- who in the world is that?

Red neff Barchetta

RTurnerLOL!
 I didn t know Mark Wills either.

You know Rick Springfield.  He wants Jessie s Girl.  Nowadays we would call him a stalker.  Btw, I think her phone # is 867-5309.  Or maybe that s Jenny s #.

I think we ll get along fine;
 I saw Deep Purple (I m a big Steve Morse fan) last summer (at Konocti) and Ronnie James Dio opened and was awesome!  Never thought I would hear " Neon Knights"  again live.  We were so glad that he opened and that Deep Purple (incredible!) was next, because the Scorpion s were horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!  We left after their second song and were probably home by the time their set was done, ha.  Also saw Steve Morse  side project, the Dixie Dreggs with our very own SurfCal 2 1/2 months ago at Slim s in S. F..  Cool show.

Saw Y&T and Montrose a few months ago in Petaluma.  They were alright, but Ronnie Montrose was terrific!  Also saw Y&T and Montrose the month before that with Sammy Hagar, Ronnie Montrose and my man Joe Satriani.  Ronnie, Joe, & Dave (Y&T) did a jam at the end that was pretty cool.

Dokken - well, I did like his guitarist George Lynch.  That s about all I can say about them, lol.

Gotta go, but you still haven t said where you are staying at.  We are seriously interested in your review of wherever you are going.

6Quigs

RTurner
Quotec) Mark Wills- who in the world is that?
Obviously you are not Country fans[:o]

Not to worry, we won t hold that against you!!!

Happy to hear the trailer repairs are progressing.
 The one time I left my trailer in for some Warranty work, I had typed a list of what was to be done, and gave a copy of it to them when I left it in.
 I also taped two copies of the list on the inside of the trailer, so whoever was working on it, knew what my problems were.
 I am happy to say everything on the list was taken care of when I went to pick it up.

Good luck on your maiden voyage next weekend

RTurner

Red neff BarchettaRemind us to request sites close by at the Rallys, then I can crank it up and not worry about offending you!  LOL

Oh and for 6Quigs-I can listen to a little bit of Country now and then.  Usually when my dog dies or my hubby runs off with the 76 Ford Torino stationwagon I know I can find some country station with a song for just such situations.  JUST KIDDING!

We are staying at Edgewater, the lady got a kick out of the fact that we were going there for our first trip, she even noted it on our reservation.  I hope this doesn t mean they are going to give us the most unlevel spot where the hookups don t work, just to give us a challenge.  Will be sure to forward the review when we get home.

PS-We did go to the place in SR for the repairs (that we talked about a while back).

Surfcal

RTurnerRT:

Nice to see you post often.  Were you just lurking all this time?  Maybe music is the key huh?

Anyway, great to see you active.  We re all nuts here as you can tell.  You re welcome to be one too.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

RTurnerKevin -
 Great idea regarding using the list s taped in a few places INSIDE the PU.  I will definitely do that in the future.  It may bug the guy doing the work a little, but hey, at least there s no mistaking what is expected to get done.  When we had the Vanity Mate (thanks again Scott & Georgeanne!) installed, we marked the 6 spots where the rivets went so that the Mate was installed exactly where we wanted it over and behind the cassette toilet.  When I picked up the PU, the guy said he didn t see the marks on the ceiling and was about to install it in the factory suggested spot of over the sink until the boss came out and showed him our marks.  A couple of notes in the PU and attatched to the Mate would have helped.

RT -
 Nice rabble rousing, lol!
 Maybe we ll all call Edgewater and tell them to give you a site w/o hook-ups, between 2 full timer s who will stare at you while you back in and set-up, and an un-even site, lol.
 A warm NNC welcome before you even meet us!
 Hopefully the service place will finish the remaining repairs as well as they did with the first round.  Let me know when you will be in town and maybe I ll stop by and say hello.  I promise to leave my NNC thong at home.

Civil_War_Buff

RTurner

QuoteORIGINAL:  RTurner

Remind us to request sites close by at the Rallys, then I can crank it up and not worry about offending you!  LOL

Too loud and I will be compelled to break out my Best of Welk!! [8D][8D]
 Go Lawwwrence, Go Lawwwwrence!![;)]

RTurner

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteWe are seriously interested in your review of wherever you are going.

Back from the maiden voyage and all was well.  Figured out how to make most everything work and boy did the heater come in handy-must have been mid 30 s and a little rain early morning.

We stayed at the Edgewater Resort - small but cozy.  There were few other rigs (some must have been fulltimers) and the lady set us up in a nice level site with almost all of the amenities of home.  Never thought I would care about TV while I am camping.

The sites are not paved although most all looked fairly level, not all have firepits so you should ask for one ahead of time.  There is also a beach area, swimming pool, horseshoes etc (opens in May I think).  The facilities were very clean-bathrooms stocked, shower area well cared for AND they provide hairdryers in the bathrooms!!! Just like a midrange motel.  And, if you like, there is a good burger joint across the street and another restaurant/bar next door.

Jeff-FYI we found out in the morning that a drummer from one of the bands (the lady didn t know which one) was staying at the site across from us.  Wouldn t you know they were gone when we got up and around.  Dokken was ok, Y &T ROCKED, only stayed for 2 songs of Whitesnake.  The temps were mid 40 s and wind blowing enough that they had to take down the big screens.  Froze our a** off, couldn t wait to get back to the trailer to thaw out.  If you are going up there this Park is great, literally 4.1 miles from the concert parking lot.

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaThanks for the Edgewater review!  Sounds perfect for going to a show.  Next w/e could very well be the last time we pay $150.00 min. per night for a Konocti room!  I like that they have a pool, although we have found over time that if you walk into the pool area at Konocti as if you are staying there (even if you aren t), you can hop right in and they ll even come take your drink order, lol!
 FYI for you;  Don t ever go into that lake without a wet-suit!  Trust me on this one.  DW is a plant biology major and can see the bacteria from the deck of one of the bars at Konocti.

Glad Y & T was great!  " Bar Room Boogie"  is a fun song!  Dave Meneketi is going to be coming out with a solo album soon trying his hand at instrumental guitar.  My first guess on who s drummer was staying at the cg would be Dokken s.  I know George Lynch is a big outdoor fan, so maybe some of the other members are as well.
 I thought it might be cold at the ampitheater this early in the year.  If you haven t seen a show yet at the indoor theater, I highly recommend it.  Very laid back.  There is a fun bar right off of the showroom with a great deck overlooking the lake.  Once after a Jeff Beck show, he came to the bar and had a drink with the people who were hanging out.

Most importantly;
 Glad you had fun with the Hybrid!  Good to hear all the appliances and etc. worked and you un-hitched and stabilized without incident!  Piece of cake from here on out.
 Looking forward to meeting you in June!

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaNeff,

You re good man.  How do you hijack a thread from towing to music.  With you, it inevitably all flows into one stream of consciousness, music.  So when is Mark Knoffler coming to town?

Surfcal