News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Trailer Repairs, UGGGG

Started by RTurner, Feb 25, 2003, 02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTurner

Hi Wild and Crazy Campers,
 When you all recover from the wild weekend I am hoping someone may be able to give me some advice.

We are so ready to join the group on upcoming rallies but it will be 1-2 months before we can because.........
 Bought trailer this month, trailer is 2001 model, not put into service until 7/2002, warranty until 2004 (thank God).  Did not have prior experience with " lite"  trailers, and ....... water purifer leaking (seems to have slightly warped the formica), bunkend holders (?) pulling away from mounting, the biggie is that the linoleum is yellowing in spots and there are a few soft spots in floor.  Manufacturer metioned they may take trailer back to factory to do the work.

My questions are
 1) Anyone else deal with repairs under warranty?
 2) Anyone have experience (good/bad) with Nor Cal dealer/service shops? (If more appropriate you can send me an email)
 3) Any other things we should be looking for that are common problems with Hybrids?

Any help would be appreciated and I hope it was ok to start this post.  My intention is not to bash any brand, just looking for some advice.
 Thanks,

RTurner

RTurnerHi Again,
 Lots of people read my post, any help???????

Pretty soon you are going to call me whiner instead of Turner!

6Quigs

RTurnerHi Rojana and Ron and welcome to our group.

Sorry no-one has responded so far to your questions, But yes we were all busy camping last weekend.

I have had some warranty work done on my trailer, and the dealer did a great job.
 I gave him a typed list of everything that needed fixing, and he did everything on the list, and some more.

You should post your questions in the Hybrid forum, and someone over there with a hybrid should help you.

Red neff Barchetta

RTurnerRojana & Ron,
 Welcome!
 We were all still recovering yesterday from our w/e.  Can t wait until you join us.
 Like Kevin (6Quigs) said, you should post your thread in the Hybrid forum &/or the Fix It forum.
 Although my dealer is terrible, the mechanic who actually does the work (& the only person that matters) is outstanding and has done everything I needed perfectly.  Don t know where you are, but he is in Sonoma county.
 Hope to see you at a future rally!

RTurnerBump

So RTurner,
 How are those trailer repairs going

signed

Surfcal

RTurnerI m pulling for this trailer thread.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

RTurnerDefinitely.  Anything with " UGGGG"  interests me.

RTurner

RTurnerYou all made me smile this evening, and boy can we all use something to smile about right now!

It is ironic that this got bumped because we just picked up the trailer this afternoon.  So here is the update-
 Fleetwood authorized all of the repairs that the Svc place reported (more on that in a minute).
  *The spongy feeling floor was not rotten, just thin plywood. They added 5/8 plywood inside and brand new linoleum.
 *Some other more cosmetic (caulking etc.) were done.
 *They are replacing the countertop as the water purifier had leaked and buckled the formica (this will be an additional 6 weeks to get the part)
 *The Svc place so nicely ordered new canvas for the FRONT bunk, only problem was it was the REAR bunk that needed the new canvas (they were not happy about the mistake but promised to get one ordered.
 *The table leg that was broken is still broken but he is now ordering the parts since I " reminded"  him about that little problem.
 In conclusion-We have a new floor, new countertop, new canvas, basically a new trailer!

Next weekend we are going on our maiden voyage, FINALLY!

gsm x2

RTurnerRon and Rojana,

Congratulations on the repairs and the " repairs to be announced in the future."

Sounds like the company is trying to make things right, but still get mixed reviews.  Neveryoumind, you re going camping.

Have a great time.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

RTurnerRojana & Ron -
 Glad to hear that some progress is being made.  Isn t it funny (or is that annoying) how you have to constantly " remind"  them about repairs?  Can t understand why they were unhappy with " their"  ordering mistake.  Oh well, at least the floor is fixed and you can go out next w/e.
 Btw, where are you going to?

RTurner

RTurnerWe are heading up to a concert at Clear Lake and staying at a nearby RV park.  The place has full hookups so we can try everything out before our big Spring trip.  Ironically when the NNC group is in SLO we will be at Pismo.

Surfcal

RTurnerRT...

You ll be going the wrong way...but just wave at the oncoming traffic...

Glad you re making progress with the repairs.  Maybe the universe was talking and that s why the thread got bumped up.  I like this thread.  It needs more content though.

You ll just have to do more updates.

Surfcal

RTurner

SurfcalSurfcal,
 Just for you, here is the daily update and my " stupid trailer moment" .

Trailer looks great (the floor), got things put back away and cleaned up.  With that I then started planning for what we needed for next weekend and trying out the various appliances etc.
 First I started with the electrical hookup-worked great,used the vacuum etc.
 Then I tried out the A/C-cold air right away
 Next came the refrigerator [:o] After 30 mintues or so it still wasn t cold and I could not hear it " running"  (like the one in the house). Can you guess where this is going?
 -Panic sets in I fumble for the manuals, Hubby checks out the electrical plugs etc., what will we do????????  Then immense sadness sets in as I am sure that yet another thing is broken.
 AND THEN..........my brother informed me that they dont really make any noise and it takes some hours for it to cool down.   DUUUUHHHHHH.
 We have a lot to learn.

Well Surfcal, hope this gives you some more content.  Perhaps we should start a new thread just for " Stupid Trailer Moments" .

Red neff Barchetta

RTurnerCongrat s on the SPUT (stupid PU trick)!
 Are you staying here?;
 [link=http://www.edgewaterresort.net]Edgewater[/link]
 *Btw, if that worked and the link says " Edgewater" , I m stoked!
 If so, we had reservations to stay there last December and cancelled because a huge storm was coming.  Anyway, that cancellation and subsequent chats with Nick led to the Chabot rally we had in January, lol.  If you are headed there I will be looking forward to your review as we will be staying there eventually because we go to quite a few shows at Konocti.
 We will be seeing George Thorogood there during the SLO rally but staying in a room.
 Now, maybe we can figure out a little more about you by your answer to this question;
 Are you going to see;
 a) Rick Springfield on Friday indoors
 b) Whitesnake, Y&T, & Dokken on Saturday outdoors
 or
 c) Mark Wills on Sunday indoors
 [link=http://www.konoctiharbor.com/default.asp]One of my favorite venues[/link]

Have fun!

g-whiz

Red neff BarchettaNice work on the links, Jeff! [:)]