News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

NNCers Please check in.

Started by SCCS, Oct 28, 2004, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlhdoc

I am here but I don't post much. :)   197 nights sleeping in our PU.  46 nights this year. :)

Cottonwooder

Hellooooooo... I can still sign in???  Let's see if I still remember how to do this...  It says the last time I signed in was in early June.  Even funnier is that I'm still (barely) in the Top 10 posters list! :D   The boards must be pretty quiet.  (Where is Birol?  I don't see his name up there at the top of the list.)

Jacqui, you made the move, eh?  Congrats!

Joan, let us know how Turtle Beach is, OK?  Mike would like to try it out.

:::::waving to the Gs and Otters:::::  Miss you guys!

Bummer that y'all aren't getting out camping much.  We've put in about 50 nights so far this year (with 6 more planned for December) and loving every minute of it. :)  

Just got back from a visit to Lake (Puddle) Cachuma; our first time there in nearly 2 years.  The water level is so sadly low that what was water a couple of years ago, trucks now drive across on dirt roads.  :(    Are you guys doing "Cchristmas at Ccachuma" again this year?  We'll either be in Canyon Country or Riverside during that week.

Calstate361

Cottonwooder, just sent you a private e-mail.

Joan

oldmoose

Hi Patricia. How did you do at the Ventura County fair this year? We've had a couple of camping trips, but Moose Lodge may not do a lot of movement next year due to too many different activities. We got back into Boy Scout leader training and that shoots a bunch of time and weekends. We also have our cabin in the Sierra's near Sonora to work on also.

Moose

Cottonwooder

MOOSE!!!  Hey, hi there!!!  We just got back from a weekend in Soledad Canyon out in Canyon Country.  We're planning to go back in a couple of weeks because they have a great slate of entertainment lined up for their early Christmas party.

My scrapbook pages picked up more ribbons, thanks.  (Something like 5 blues out of 8?)  We enjoyed the country concerts, and I got to meet Brad Paisley. :)

Enjoy your Boy Scouting.  They're lucky to have you!  I'll never forget your aluminum foil cooking demonstrations.  I know how things crop up on weekends, and before you know it, the year's flown by.  After that happened to us last year, we made RVing a priority this year and are loving it!

Please say a big Hi to Paula from all of us.

Oh, and Joan, I got your e-mail, thanks, and will be replying when I catch up on mail.  Many thanks for getting back to us!  I hear they also acquired a property on Hwy 49 (149?) up in Gold Country too, so that's another one near you, eh?  Lucky you!  We'll definitely give you a holler if we're ever in your area. :)

Calstate361

Cottonwooder,

Hi back, and glad you received my e-mail. The one on Hwy. 49 that you are talking about is the one I told you about in my e-mail. It's call "Ponderosa RV Resort". Check it out on: www.ponderosarv.com. It's a really nice place and we will be camping there with a couple that just purchased a ROO in August and I worked with her a few years ago. We will be at Ponderosa December 9-12, 2004. It should be great because they allow us to have campfires!

Talk to you soon.

Joan

Edited:  I just discovered that the Ponderosa web site is no longer up so ignore the link above.  You will have to go through the NACO/TT site:  http://www.thousandtrails.com/,  click on preserves, and scroll down to find "Ponderosa" in the listings.   It's really a shame because they had a nice site.

Joan

pcmom

Hello Everyone,

Just "checking in"......haven't posted in a long time.  Like most of you life has been busy, between scouts and basketball, birthdays and holidays, there hasn't been much time for anything :eyecrazy:  

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Olema next month - it will be a nice break - and we don't have to worry about our Van breaking down.  We bought a 2002 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel in December.  Steve is having lots of fun driving it around :)  

This picture was taken in front of the Sundial Bridge.

I hope everyone is off to a wonderful New Year!

Michelle

zamboni

We, too, have been swamped and "out of the camping mode" -- but with warmer weather approaching, we decided to check back in here!

The winter has been fairly hectic - my parents were living with us for 2 months (just left), taking care of 8-month-old Shelby while my wife returned to work.  That has been more stressful than I imagined!

Add to that, I've been tearing up the house, doing a bunch of construction on my home theater that I've been wanting for many years.  I hope to have it somewhat up and running by the end of this month...

Construction pics:
http://www.goglen.com/post/theater1.jpg
http://www.goglen.com/post/theater2.jpg

The new theater chairs (before I ripped the room apart to build a wall across the back):
http://www.goglen.com/post/berk_099.jpg