News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Photos

Started by otter, Apr 05, 2003, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

6QuigsTOS:

BTW, those memory cards also hold data, so if those readers are read/write, you can put word documents, MP3, graphics or any type files that you put on them.

Technology storage is getting smaller and better.

One of the best to come out of this whole technological leap has been MP3 or iPod players.  Should you have any itching on what to get next, get those.  Some of those things can hold so much music, they are equivalent to the number of songs in a typical jukebox.

And so, you can have Neil Diamond, Eric Clapton, David Hasselhoff, Simon & Garfunkel and anyone else you wish almost anytime you want.

So, that s my technological brief for today.

Surfcal

gsm x2

Surfcal
QuoteBTW, those memory cards also hold data, so if those readers are read/write, you can put word documents, MP3, graphics or any type files that you put on them.

Oh yes. I have had readers and cards connected to my computers for years.  Love to download files to them as an added safety net from viruses.  Also stick files I only need for a while on them knowing that I am a FORMAT away from erasing all those little files away.

There are so many " nexts"  on the list, it blows me away.  Next will be new computers since ours are 400 mhz models.  Still work fine through hard disk and memory upgrades, but 2.6 ghz HAS TO BE FASTER.

gsm x2

6Quigs

6QuigsScott,
 now that we know you bring your laptop camping, we will make sure we download any photos we take before going home.
 Sorry we didn t take as many photos as you and CWB, but were too busy stopping two little ones from playing in the water!!!!
 As we have a Canon, it uses the same compactflash as yours, but glad to see you got the Smartmedia reader anyway.

Just looking at the photos of Malibu, and it is great the way you are able to share the weekend with everyone who couldn t make it.
 Love photo #56, PU s on parade, of all the popups in a line with the ocean in the background, postcard material.

Cottonwooder

6QuigsBoy, do I feel in the Stone Age compared to you folks.  I still use a regular film camera and scanner.  For scrapping, I prefer pics developed the old fashioned way.

Civil_War_Buff

Cottonwooder
QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Boy, do I feel in the Stone Age compared to you folks.  I still use a regular film camera and scanner.  For scrapping, I prefer pics developed the old fashioned way.

~Patricia~,

You and Veronica are going to get along just fine!! She is the same way when it comes to pictures....even though it is years before I see some pictures at times.

As for me, I am a man, I want INSTANT GRATIFICATION![;)][;)] So, the only way that photography will suit me is right now!!! I like my scanner and all, but that is for OCR and archiving, not for photos!!!!!!!!!![8D][8D]

TOS,  Great choice on the reader there my man!  I think that even without USB 2.0 you will be happy with the reader that you purchased...[:D][:D]

Cottonwooder

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteYou and Veronica are going to get along just fine!!

Sounds like between Veronica and I, and G and Mrs. Sacto (if I recall correctly), we can set up a little scrapbook area at our rallies.  [:)]

gsm x2

6Quigs
Quotenow that we know you bring your laptop camping, we will make sure we download any photos we take before going home.
 Sorry we didn t take as many photos as you and CWB, but were too busy stopping two little ones from playing in the water!!!!
 As we have a Canon, it uses the same compactflash as yours, but glad to see you got the Smartmedia reader anyway.

Just looking at the photos of Malibu, and it is great the way you are able to share the weekend with everyone who couldn t make it.
 Love photo #56, PU s on parade, of all the popups in a line with the ocean in the background, postcard material.

Kevin,

It seems that we may have created a new tradition for the PotLuck:  Put together a " Rally So Far"  slide show.  It worked well in Snug Harbor.  Repeated it in Malibu.  Now that we can get everyone s pictures in minutes, we can have a huge slide show.  Hmmm, do you think anyone would notice if I borrowed the LED projector from work and we projected on the side of CWB s TrailManor?  Drat--probably.  Still haven t figured out why those things are SO EXPENSIVE.

In any case---looking forward to getting more photos for Georgeanne.

She s hard at work getting Snug Harbor together right.  It will probably still be UNDER CONSTRUCTION by SLO, but some of it will be done.

gsm x2

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteTOS, Great choice on the reader there my man! I think that even without USB 2.0 you will be happy with the reader that you purchased...  

Thanks Larry--I always listen to the opinions of PROS.  It certainly installed easily and worked well in my tests last night.

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

QuoteTOS, Great choice on the reader there my man! I think that even without USB 2.0 you will be happy with the reader that you purchased...  

Thanks Larry--I always listen to the opinions of PROS.  It certainly installed easily and worked well in my tests last night.

gsm x2

Oh contrare my friend, you are the PRO, I am like a 2nd stringer to you!! I have a standard USB reader and mine is...yep, an HP! (Actually made by Sandisk for HP), but I love the speed and ease in which I can take the entire contents of the CF and dump it on the hard drive with just a drag and drop!

My new computer supports USB 2.0, but I can t imagine it being any faster than the standard USB where the reader is concerned....but who knows![:)]

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteMy new computer supports USB 2.0, but I can t imagine it being any faster than the standard USB where the reader is concerned....but who knows!  

Oh, things are ALWAYS faster.  40 times faster according to standards.  Buy.com has a PCI slot to 2-port USB 2.0 for $13.59 minus a ten dollar rebate.  They are currently OUT OF STOCK.  That might be just as well. That $3.00 purchase would make me want to replace four pieces of USB 1.1 hardware.  Not a good investment.

gsm x2

The Memory Maker

CottonwooderHey everyone-
 sorry I hven t been around much lately, selling two homes and buying two homes has kept me busy.
 I had an idea for the gold rush rally-
 I have an LCD projector and I can make an imove (with my ibook of course) with all of the photos taken thus far(I could even burn DVD s for everyone) and show it Saturday night at the Rally!

All that I would need is for TOS to send me a CD with his compilation of pics(and yes, g-whiz I ll send you a CD with all of mine).

What do you Think??!!

Cottonwooder

The Memory Maker
QuoteWhat do you Think??!!

I love that idea!

gsm x2

The Memory Maker
QuoteAll that I would need is for TOS to send me a CD with his compilation of pics(and yes, g-whiz I ll send you a CD with all of mine).

What do you Think??!!

Sounds like a plan.  I ll burn one off next week after the SLO rally and then after each rally after that.

I look forward to it.

gsm x2

g-whiz

The Memory Maker

QuoteORIGINAL:  The Memory Maker

All that I would need is for TOS to send me a CD with his compilation of pics(and yes, g-whiz I ll send you a CD with all of mine).

What do you Think??!!

Great Scott, you make me very happy!!! [:D]