News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: A Year s Worth of Photos

Started by Surfcal, Jul 01, 2003, 10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Dear NNC friends,

I was so tempted to ask work if I could bring the LCD Projector from work, but alas carrying a $2,500 piece of equipment that I would have to replace stopped me.  I am so sorry that Memory Maker couldn t share his hard work with you.

A lot of people asked me about " the slide show"  and asked if I could e-mail it to you.  I would but there are over 700 photos documenting " NNC Year #1."  taking more than 400 MG, so I think your and my ISP would complain loudly.

However, if you send me an e-mail, I ll send you a CD of them.  I will spend this week weeding out duplicates and such, then put them in the mail.  Each rally is separately named for easy identification. (Every rally except Fort Bragg is included)

Thanks to Memory Maker, Civil War Buff, and SimiRich for their contributions to the collection.

Surfcal

gsm x2I am going to piggyback on TOS  offer here.  Here s a ditto of my message from  General Coughing.  I vote that General Coughing be the honorary president of our club.

Hi folks:

I will be requesting for additional copies of the NNC Documentary this week at work. If you want a copy, or additional copies, please email me and tell me how many you want. It s free so don t be shy. TOS and Neff, I still remember your orders. When you email me, please include your address & phone number for convenience.

I suppose this tape is also good as an introductory piece for new members. If someone wants to volunteer, I will send you extra copies to mail out as new members come on board. This could be a cool program and Brian, it could be mentioned on our Website until we re able to offer it as a downloadable file. Let me know if you re interested in this important role.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

gsm x2TOS, you can have all the pics I took at Gold Rush and El Chorro.  Don t know if you can take them from Webshots and Yahoo where I posted them, so if not and you want them, lemme know and I ll zip  em up and send  em over.

Surf, will e-mail you for a copy of that tape.  It s a gem!

gsm x2

Cottonwooder~Patricia~,

I can take them off of WebShots if you ll give me the link.

Or if the zipped files aren t too big, please zip and send them to me.

Thanks,

TOS

gsm x2

gsm x2OK--I m moving forward on this.  Getting the first shipment in the mail today.  So if you want a CD of photos from the first year of NNC and SCC, please let me know and I ll send them out.

BTW--for those of you offering to pay.  Thank you for the offer, but I am considering this my gift for all the fun that I ve had this past year.  And when I put it that way---it s pretty chinzy gift.  But it s what I can do, so I ll do it.

gsm x2

6Quigs

gsm x2Thanks Scott,
 it arrived yesterday, and had a slide show going on while we were eating dinner & afterwards.
 Every so often there would be a photo of one of us, and the kids would let us know.
 Thanks again for putting this together.

Cottonwooder

gsm x2TOS gave me a CD this morning, and it s been playing over and over again.  Love it!  I gave him a CD of about 50 or 60 pics from the Casitas, El Chorro, and Gold Rush rallies, so if you d like any of those too, just e-mail me at mom2rebecnkaren@sbcglobal.net and I ll zip them off to you.  They re all in .jpg format.

For those who don t have a slide show player, I m enjoying gPhotoShow, which I found as a freebie on the Web and only started exploring yesterday.  It s actually a screen saver but has several different transition effects, and you can set how long each picture is to appear for, etc.  The REALLY GOOD thing about it is that when it returns to screen saver mode, it picks up from where it left off when interrupted, not starting at the beginning all over again.   You can also select the option to include the name of the photo, so you can see which rally it was taken at.  [link=http://www.gphotoshow.com/]Click here for gPhotoShow[/link]