RE: Lake Chabot Wine, Cheese and Fruit tasting

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 12, 2003, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Larry and Rita visited Lake Chabot and scouted it out.  Among other things, they found that their isn t any wine tasting in the area.  So Georgeanne and I would like to organize a little wine, cheese and fruit tasting for Lake Chabot.  Just a small affair where everyone brings a bottle of wine, some cheese, and an apple, pear or such.  That would be about it.

Only question we are having difficulty with is WHEN.

Choices are:

Friday at campfire
 Saturday afternoon
 Saturday at campfire

Please let us know your choice and we ll put it together.

Scott

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2I vote for all 3 tastings!  What is the fruit & cheese for?

Nick

gsm x2Hey Scott,
 Sounds like a great idea.  I would think Saturday afternoon would work since thats when we would noramlly go wine tasting anyway.

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2I vote for Saturday afternoon also.  Does it have to be California cheese?

g-whiz

gsm x2I agree with Jeff on all three times and think we should include wine and cheese from anywhere.  I have a couple of bottles of Michigan wine that I don t think compare to California wine and I want to have some feedback from some other winos... er.. uh... wine connoisseurs.

Nick

gsm x2I ve got a couple bottles from the Central Coast that I ll bring.  This is when having a wine club comes in handy.[:)][8D]

otter

gsm x2I ll bring what is left of my wine from Sapin:  that way I get more(smile).  And a few others we have around.  

sammyslave

gsm x2I ll bring some Wisconsin Cheddar..and a bottle of Cabernet that a friend of mine makes in Napa (this is only used to start or put out the fire)

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2I m bringing this really cool invention - It s this big square box and it s full of some kind of wine.  It must really be good if they want to sell us that much in one package!  Also, I went to Costco and bought 4 blocks of Velveeta.  Just kidding.

I ve got a bottle of Merlot.  I think I ll bring some fruit as well.  We ll all get clogged arteries if we eat all the cheese everyone is bringing, lol!

sammyslave

gsm x2Jeff..I think that we drank all the wine last night.

Nick

gsm x2Hey Larry,
 How cold did it get up there last night?