News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Camp Chef Stoves

Started by 6Quigs, Nov 19, 2003, 10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

One problem with our new Hybrid, is the lack of outdoor stove, like the one we had on our Coleman. Now don't get me wrong, the indoor oven, 3 burner range and microwave are great, but for camping cooking, especially bacon, or any type of meat, should be done outside. We already have a portable gas grille, but need a decent stove for cooking.
The Camp Chef that Larry and Nick and all his bro's and Ab use seem to be the way to go.
I'm thinking the 2 burner should be enough for us, because it's very rare that I would need all 3 burners, and we can still use the indoor ones.
The list price for the 2 burner DB-60d is $233.99, and Mel Cotton has it for $179, but there's one on E-bay right now with a buy me now price of $119.

http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2360598428&category=20724

What do you think?

Oh, and don't anyone else dare to outbid me on this, or next time we camp, you will not be going home with it ;)

champ521

I say go for it. You know you want to. The only reason you're posting is to get some reassurance. Well I got your back. Check the sellers eBay store, too. They've got all kinds of cool accessories for that thing.

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsOne problem with our new Hybrid, is the lack of outdoor stove, like the one we had on our Coleman. Now don't get me wrong, the indoor oven, 3 burner range and microwave are great, but for camping cooking, especially bacon, or any type of meat, should be done outside. We already have a portable gas grille, but need a decent stove for cooking.
The Camp Chef that Larry and Nick and all his bro's and Ab use seem to be the way to go.
I'm thinking the 2 burner should be enough for us, because it's very rare that I would need all 3 burners, and we can still use the indoor ones.
The list price for the 2 burner DB-60d is $233.99, and Mel Cotton has it for $179, but there's one on E-bay right now with a buy me now price of $119.

http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2360598428&category=20724

What do you think?

Oh, and don't anyone else dare to outbid me on this, or next time we camp, you will not be going home with it ;)
Kevin,

The difference in the one on Ebay and the one at Mel's is that the one at Mel's is the professional series. I can't remember the spec differences but I think the pro model has more btu. Just check the model numbers at camp chef and compare. By the way I have the one from Mel's and its great with the griddle.

Clueless in Sacremento

Quote from: 6QuigsOne problem with our new Hybrid, is the lack of outdoor stove, like the one we had on our Coleman. Now don't get me wrong, the indoor oven, 3 burner range and microwave are great, but for camping cooking, especially bacon, or any type of meat, should be done outside. We already have a portable gas grille, but need a decent stove for cooking.

Kevin,

We have an extra one of those stoves.  It is a two burner w/ griddle used only once.  I talked to the boss and he says it is yours for $50.00.  We can even deliver it to Casini for you.   Let me know.

Madlyn

6Quigs

Quote from: Clueless in SacrementoKevin,

We have an extra one of those stoves.  It is a two burner w/ griddle used only once.  I talked to the boss and he says it is yours for $50.00.  We can even deliver it to Casini for you.   Let me know.

Madlyn
WOW,
Thanks for all the replies, and especially To Madlyn & 'the Boss'.
We will gladly take your extra one at Casini.
Looks like the 6 Quigs will be eager to do all the cooking over the weekend :D

Red neff Barchetta

Madlyn -
Even though I only "cook" things like PBJ's I'll buy it off you for $50.01.
J/K Kevin!  I'll be over Saturday morning for pancakes.
(Hee, hee)

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMadlyn -
Even though I only "cook" things like PBJ's I'll buy it off you for $50.01.
J/K Kevin!  I'll be over Saturday morning for pancakes.
(Hee, hee)

No pancakes, Jeff.  Lots of meat goodies, i.e. bacon, sausage, meatballs....

Margaret :J

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: 6QuigsNo pancakes, Jeff.  Lots of meat goodies, i.e. bacon, sausage, meatballs....

Margaret :J
Damn!

The leaf eater with flat teeth

Ab Diver

Quote from: Clueless in SacrementoKevin,

We have an extra one of those stoves. It is a two burner w/ griddle used only once. I talked to the boss and he says it is yours for $50.00. We can even deliver it to Casini for you. Let me know.

Madlyn

SCOOOOOOOORE!!!

And the prize for Best Deal of the Camping Season goes to... the envelope, please....... (sound of paper tearing) .......

6Quigs!!!

Hey everybody, Kevin just found 69 bucks to buy us beer with!

(and the crowd goes wild)

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaEven though I only "cook" things like PBJ's I'll buy it off you for $50.01.
Neff, you are on a roll tonight!  ^5

Nick

Kevin,

How do you like your new stove?  Big difference from a little Coleman hey?

griffsmom

6Q,

We'll be looking forward to a proper breakfast with your new stove at Ccacchuma--maybe some eggs over easy, home fried potatoes, grilled to-maah-toes, rashers and sausage, and beans on toast.  Mmmmmm, lovely.  :)

6Quigs

Quote from: griffsmom6Q,

We'll be looking forward to a proper breakfast with your new stove at Ccacchuma--maybe some eggs over easy, home fried potatoes, grilled to-maah-toes, rashers and sausage, and beans on toast.  Mmmmmm, lovely.  :)

No problem Lori,
you are welcome to come over and use my new stove anytime,
and yes that breakfast sounds yummy,
Just remember to bring plenty of supplies, as there are six of us ;)

BTW, our local supermarket actually sells Irish rashers, along with black and white pudding for a truly Irish breakfast.

Kelly

Stop It!!

You all are making me rumbly in my tumbly ... and I'm stuck at work with no food in sight!!  That just ain't right!

Now that I have a place to sleep at Pismo (Thanks, Ray! ;) ) .... it must be time to start beggin for food ....  

PLEASE, will somebody feed me?!  LOL

6Quigs

Quote from: Kelly
Stop It!!

You all are making me rumbly in my tumbly ... and I'm stuck at work with no food in sight!!  That just ain't right!

Now that I have a place to sleep at Pismo (Thanks, Ray! ;) ) .... it must be time to start beggin for food ....  

PLEASE, will somebody feed me?!  LOL

ROFLMAO,
Good one Kelly :p

Someone looking for food at a NNC Rally.....