News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Collins Lake-Oregon House

Started by OC Campers, Sep 17, 2004, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

The r OC klin campers are finally going on our first camping trip since our move up north.  We have made reservations for November 5-7 at Collins Lake.  Randy and I are talking about wagonmastering a rally here maybe in March or April 2005.  I know there was a rally here last year but we thought we better go check it out for ourselves.

If anyone is free that weekend, call and get a reservation and join us.  We are in site #110 (next to the playground and the swimming beach)

Collins Lake (800)286-0576

Jacqui

pcmom

Make sure you buy an ice cream cone while you are there - they are cheap (I think only $1 or $2) and you get A LOT of Ice Cream and it is very YUMMY!  

In fact last year's rally there I was the wagonmaster (I think it was 6quigs that nominated me for that honor :D  - it was only my 2nd rally to attend!) - We called it the "I Scream" Rally.  Our "kid" or perhaps it was more of an "adult" activity was carving pumpkins.  Everyone had a good time.

Have fun!

OC Campers

I looked back on the past rally page on the NNC website and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun.  I remembered the ice-cream theme.  We will have some in your honor:)

Jacqui

P.S.  you have to watch what you say about wanting to go somewhere.  They can brain wash anyone into doing one (whether you are new the group or not):p :)

OC Campers

We are just about ready to pull out.  If anyone is interested in joining us, come on up.  The weather is supposed to be gorgeous.

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: OC Campers.  Randy and I are talking about wagonmastering a rally here maybe in March or April 2005.  
Jacqui

I would definetly be interested if it was April 1-3. it's the weekend after Easter and the kids have that week off after Easter so I wouldn't have to take them outta school.

OC Campers

You better watchit Deidre, I may hold you to it.

We just got back from our trip to Collins Lake.  This was a very nice place.  My only complaint is the bathroom situation.  I was not pleased about using a porta potty in the dark. BRRR!!  We had a beautiful site that backed up to the lake.  The park was pretty much empty.  Perfect time to go.  I imagine when the park is full it is not so nice.  We had an ice cream on Saturday.  HOLY COW.  This thing was huge.  My dd ordered a single scoop with 2 different flavors and the lady came out with this huge cone and said I got you the 2 flavors but this is only a singel scoop.  One scoop is about a pint of ice cream.

Would anybody be interested in doing another rally here?  The proverbial "make a rally date and they will come" isn't working real well lately.  

Jacqui

Dee4j

my big weakness is Ice cream :eyecrazy:  what I saw from the map it looked like you had a great spot, was the playground visible from your site??
I will commit myself (or maybe I should be committed :yikes: ) to join only if it's April 1-3.  With towing the trailer it's going to be a good 10 hour drive. I would probably come up several days early and make it a fun spring break trip :D

OC Campers

Dee, if I can't get a rally together how about we meet there?  

We did have a real nice space.  If you had the site 2 up from where we were, you could see the playground.  It is up a slight hill.  

Let me check our schedule.  I was going to try for an April rally date.  I also think there trout season starts around that time, so I will need to make reservations pretty soon.  I will let you know.

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersDee, if I can't get a rally together how about we meet there?  

Jacqui

yes that might be a plan, but you know if you plan it...........they will come

I have a friend that lives in Orland (outside chico) she may even be interested.

OC Campers

Ok, I will look into it.

Jacqui