News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Self Service Rally-StarGazing at Sugarloaf

Started by towrod, Jan 12, 2005, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang

Quote from: towrodScott,
  I'm hoping to get to the campground between 2-3pm on Friday.
I hope we can get some sites close to each other and will ask the ranger when we check in..... when do you think you will roll in?

Rod,
I will be arriving around 10am Friday morning, or maybe Thursday evening if the weather is nice.  If I have the last names of all those with reservations, I can check in for them and make sure the sites are all together.  That is what I plan on doing for the cub scout families, and I can certainly do the same for the NNCer's.  Let me know if I can help!

BTW, we were camping at Sugarloaf over the weekend and with temps in the mid-70's and tons of wildflowers and stars, it was absolutely beautiful.  Even had a surprise encounter with Jeff-Neff.  He was visiting some friends on Sunday morning who happened to be camping 2 sites away from us!

Loretta

dgrote

reserved my site - sounds great looking forward to a fun weekend

towrod

Quote from: mustangRod,
I will be arriving around 10am Friday morning, or maybe Thursday evening if the weather is nice.  If I have the last names of all those with reservations, I can check in for them and make sure the sites are all together.  That is what I plan on doing for the cub scout families, and I can certainly do the same for the NNCer's.  Let me know if I can help!

BTW, we were camping at Sugarloaf over the weekend and with temps in the mid-70's and tons of wildflowers and stars, it was absolutely beautiful.  Even had a surprise encounter with Jeff-Neff.  He was visiting some friends on Sunday morning who happened to be camping 2 sites away from us!

Loretta

I just realized that we won't be able to arrive until about 430pm or so.....
If you can check everyone in that will be great - :cool:

mustang

Quote from: dgrotereserved my site - sounds great looking forward to a fun weekend
Yeah!  Someone else from Vacaville!  Looking forward to meeting you next month!

Rod,
No problem with the check-in.  Just email me the names as we get closer to the date.

SCCS

Quote from: towrodScott,
  I'm hoping to get to the campground between 2-3pm on Friday.
I hope we can get some sites close to each other and will ask the ranger when we check in..... when do you think you will roll in?

I'm not sure yet. I might just take all day off. :-()

towrod

Quote from: SCCSI'm not sure yet. I might just take all day off. :-()

That sounds good but we'd have to pull Nathan out of school. :(

dgrote

I have the day off and will be leaving no later than noon if I can be of any help

towrod

Loretta has kindly volunteered to help us get sites together by checking in for us.  :cool: :# :-()
 If  you would like Loretta to sign in for you please email the following information to me at rdtussing_at_ucdavis.edu
(substitute @ for the "_at_"):

Name used for reservation at reserveamerica.com
Screen name at arveeclub.com
length of rig

I will collect and forward the info on to Loretta -

Quote from: mustangRod,

Loretta

SCCS

CAMPING TIME
is just around the corner. Boy, I can't wait.

mustang

Yeah!  1 week left 'til camping time!  That should give the campground plenty of time to dry out!  (No more rain!  :rolleyes: )

Like I mentioned before, if anyone would like me to save a spot for them, let me know, or just email Rod.  I still plan on being there Friday morning, around 10-11 am.  Looking forward to it!  

Also, there will be a couple of cub scout families there with us who would like to get together for a potluck Saturday night.  Hopefully this is what everyone else has in mind!

towrod

Potluck on Saturday sounds wonderful.
If we shoot for 6pm we should have plenty of time to check out the Observatory later.   Cubscouts need their Astronomy belt loop!

SCCS

Quote from: mustangAlso, there will be a couple of cub scout families there with us who would like to get together for a potluck Saturday night.  Hopefully this is what everyone else has in mind!

Sounds like a great idea. :#
 Loretta, I hope you are planning on saving one of those sites for me.
 It looks like we won't be able to get away as soon as we thought, we hope to be there by about 6pm.

mustang

Quote from: SCCSSounds like a great idea. :#
 Loretta, I hope you are planning on saving one of those sites for me.
 It looks like we won't be able to get away as soon as we thought, we hope to be there by about 6pm.

No problem!  Just email me your last name and/or reservation #.  That's what I'll need in order to save a site.

towrod

Hi Loretta -
I have a question for you - Mapquest and Google have different epinions about the best route.
Since you are a frequent visitor to SugarLoaf - what is your preferred route?  
Do you go through "Downtown Sonoma" (Mapquest directions) or do you go around Sonoma to the south and west on Arnold rd and then come back to 12 on Madrone?(Google directions)

SCCS

Loretta,

I just emailed you my information you need. :D