News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Self Service Rally-StarGazing at Sugarloaf

Started by towrod, Jan 12, 2005, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

towrod

We have made reservations at Sugarloaf Ridge SP for April 15-16, 2005.
This is a CA State Park located between Santa Rosa and Sonoma.  It is "Dry-Camping" no site hookups but there is piped water and flush toilets.  There is an observatory within the park that is  be open to the public for both sunspot viewing and stargazing on this weekend!
Reservations are made via //www.reserveamerica.com
You only get reserve a space - individual sites are assigned upon check in.  Here is a link to the Robert Fergusonobservatory: http://www.rfo.org/

SCCS

Hey Towrod ,
 Sugarloaf is where Red Neff Barchetta had his rally last year on almost the same weekend. It was called "CALL OF THE WILD". What a great place to camp. Even though we didn't go to the telescope we sat around the fire and stargazed.
                                                                                                             I don't know if you have been hear before but,the road going to the campground is narrow,curvey and is kinda long. You have to watch out for people leaving that like to use the whole road to drive on.

Maybe we could join you, :-()  I know I would like to go back again someday.

mustang

Hi Rod,
What a coincidence...we will be there that same weekend with our son's cub scout den!  I am the "camp coordinator" for the group and picked the date/location several weeks ago!  We go to Sugarloaf all the time.  We were just there over Thanksgiving weekend.  It is definitely a nice, small, uncrowded place.  We actually prefer this kind of camping over any places with hook-ups.  We'll have to talk more about it when we see you in Olema.  Take care!

towrod

Bump.
According to ReserveAmerica there ar 20 sites left as of Tuesday, January 18

OC Campers

Rod, I will talk to Randy about it.  We have no plans that I know of for April.   About how far is Sugar Loaf from Sac?

Jacqui

towrod

According to Mapquest it is 104 miles from Rocklin and the travel time is 2 hours.  Take 80 to 12 to Sonoma then North to Kenwood.

OC Campers

Thanks for the info.  I will talk to him and see what he thinks.  I also forgot little league starts in April.  I will check on that too.

Jacqui

SCCS

Towrod
 Just reserved our site. :#  See you their.

towrod

Quote from: SCCSTowrod
 Just reserved our site. :#  See you their.

ALRIGHT - Looks like we've got ourselves a RALLY!
:!:

towrod

Bump.
Looks like 19 sites are still up for grabs!

towrod

BUMP -
15 sites left.

towrod

Bump - still 13 sites left!

Quote from: towrodWe have made reservations at Sugarloaf Ridge SP for April 15-16, 2005.
This is a CA State Park located between Santa Rosa and Sonoma.  It is "Dry-Camping" no site hookups but there is piped water and flush toilets.  There is an observatory within the park that is  be open to the public for both sunspot viewing and stargazing on this weekend!
Reservations are made via //www.reserveamerica.com
You only get reserve a space - individual sites are assigned upon check in.  Here is a link to the Robert Fergusonobservatory: http://www.rfo.org/

zamboni

Make that 12 sites left :)

I just booked ours - my wife (Kelly), myself, and our 8-month-old daughter.  A friend may join us as well, but she's not sure.

Looking forwards to it!  Hopefully I can get the afternoon off work so we can get out and set up at a reasonable time :)

SCCS

Rod,

I was just wondering what time you plan on getting their and if our group could be together in one area.

towrod

Scott,
  I'm hoping to get to the campground between 2-3pm on Friday.
I hope we can get some sites close to each other and will ask the ranger when we check in..... when do you think you will roll in?