News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Remember Y-Guy

Started by 6Quigs, Jul 25, 2005, 09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

One of the first people from this message boards we camped with was Y-Guy, way back when all we had was our brand new Coleman Niagara Popups.
Since then we have upgraded to a new Hybrid and a new truck.
Y-Guy gets the prize though for upgrading.
First they get a new Chevy Trailblazer.
Then a new Jayco Hybrid.
Then a new Avalanche.
Then a new Outback Trailer.
Then a new Ford F350 diesel
and now a 38' 5th wheel.

http://showland.org/raptor/index.htm

Congratulations on the new rig Steve, and how long before they upgrade to a Diesel pusher!
Neff gives him 18 months!!

griffsmom

Wow!  That's quite the fast track!!  Nice rig, Seve.  I think your 5-er is bigger than my house!!!!

Hope you have many wonderful trips in your new camper. :)

Calstate361

Yes, that's a mega WOW!   I love the "walk-thru" bathroom.  If/when we move from our hybred to a different or bigger trailer, that's what I want.  It seems to give you much more room in the shower.

Joan

Dee4j

WOW!! that's awesome...I see myself having one of those someday :rolleyes:
shhhh....don't tell Dan :p

Y-Guy

LOL Kevin!  You found it.  Yeah we went way way way way over to the dark side after the F350 came home.  Its a beast, but tows better than anything I've pulled so far, might be those 3 friggin axles!  We're having a ball with the quads and the kids never seem to be bored when we go camping.  If you'd asked us a year ago if we'd ever be riding quads we would have laughed at you.  We were camping on the Oregon coast over spring break 2004 and laughed when we drove though one campsite full of motorcycles and quads, saying we'd never want to camp like that.  Low and behold a year later we're in with them having a blast.

Both Scott and Sean have their own quads and seem to have a blast

Its a far cry from our Popup days, I think I could almost fit the Popup in the garage.  I still think about you all, we sure did have a black with everyone.  We've had a few Outback rallies, and I still moderate on the Outbackers board, but the Popup days were still the best!  Glad to see the club is still going strong!

Happy Camping!

Steve aka Y-Guy

RTurner

Quote from: Y-GuyLOL Kevin!  You found it.  Yeah we went way way way way over to the dark side after the F350 came home.  Its a beast, but tows better than anything I've pulled so far, might be those 3 friggin axles!  We're having a ball with the quads and the kids never seem to be bored when we go camping.  If you'd asked us a year ago if we'd ever be riding quads we would have laughed at you.  We were camping on the Oregon coast over spring break 2004 and laughed when we drove though one campsite full of motorcycles and quads, saying we'd never want to camp like that.  Low and behold a year later we're in with them having a blast.

Happy Camping!

Steve aka Y-Guy

Hey Y-Guy,
We just missed each other in NNC, we joined, you moved.  But I do see you on the TH forum, you always have great insight and info.

Glad to see you joining the ATV craze.  We made similar moves through TV and TT-small hybrid/1500, hybrid TH/bigger 1500, Weekend Warrior/2500.
Hope we see you out on the trail some time.