News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A Little Help from the Northerners

Started by Azusateach, Apr 20, 2007, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azusateach

Hey from down South!

I'm wanting to take a little trip to your neck of the woods this summer, probably after our Flying Flags rally in late June.  I'd really, really like to stay somewhere near the coast by the Redwoods.  I'm wondering if you all have any recommendations for campgrounds that I might like.  I'd really like hook-ups, since I'll be there for several days.  I know it'll be cool (cold?) on the coast, but frankly I don't mind.  I just want to be able to walk on the beach with my dog & through the big trees when I'm not on the beach.  At night I can be warm & cozy inside the HTT if necessary.

Thanks for any advice/opinions you might have!

Laura

champ521

How far north are you willing to travel? Gualala River Redwood Park is really nice CG with e/w hook-ups. It is about 100 miles north of San Francisco in the town of Gualala on the river just inland from the ocean.

Description: Camp in the Redwoods on the river by the sea. Relax amidst the cool magnificent Redwoods, explore miles of beaches, walk your pet along the river or float lazily one mile down the Gualala River to the sea.

Sites: 114 Total Camp/RV Sites; 114 30 Amp Service; 114 Electric and Water;  3 No Hookup; 40 Max RV Length; 8 Tent Sites

Amenities: Pets Welcome; Dump Station

Dee4j

I'm so jealous that sounds fun..

laura maybe one of the NNCer's can answer this question

What about Olema?? NNc has had some rally's there and it is on my "places to go" list.

OC Campers

Quote from: Dee4jI'm so jealous that sounds fun..

laura maybe one of the NNCer's can answer this question

What about Olema?? NNc has had some rally's there and it is on my "places to go" list.
From what I understand Olema is not the place to be anymore.  The owner died and left the cg to the kids and they are now turning it into a "pay to belong" type of place.  I have heard that Samual P Taylor SP is really nice too.  But they say only a few sites are camper/popup friendly.  This campground is near Point Reyes Station   Lots of history to see.

I have also heard that Bodega Bay is nice.  A little windy but at the beach.

Jacqui

Azusateach

Thanks for the tip on Gualala.  I looked at it, and it looks good.  Do you know of anything else further north?  I'm afraid that if I don't go more "up" that I won't be able to walk Jed on the beach.  Things are so restrictive down here, and I guess I'm assuming that it's the same up north when it's closer to bigger cities.  Keep those ideas coming, though!  I really, REALLY want to go!  Thanks --

Laura

wavery

Quote from: AzusateachThanks for the tip on Gualala.  I looked at it, and it looks good.  Do you know of anything else further north?  I'm afraid that if I don't go more "up" that I won't be able to walk Jed on the beach.  Things are so restrictive down here, and I guess I'm assuming that it's the same up north when it's closer to bigger cities.  Keep those ideas coming, though!  I really, REALLY want to go!  Thanks --

Laura
Can we come?? :D

Azusateach

Quote from: waveryCan we come?? :D

Sure!  Actually, I just made reservations at Giant Redwoods RV & Camp.  Not too big, hook-ups, under the Redwoods.  They have a dog beach right on the Eel River, which will make Jed happy.  I'll have to drive to get to the ocean, but everything else looks like either a parking lot or doesn't have hook-ups.  I could be persuaded to go elsewhere, as it only costs $10 to cancel.  I'm going from June 27-30 (right after Buellton, with a stay-over in Palo Alto).