2nd Annual "Rompin' At Rollins" - Sept 21-22

Started by zamboni, Aug 15, 2007, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni

My brother and I were frequently trusted to spend the weekend alone from when I was 12 and he 14.  Once, at 14 & 16, my parents were gone 5 days on a business trip (summer, neighbors "checked in" on us).

So, I'd say that at 16, she should definitely start being trusted :)

Of course, being the oldest, she's going to be the one to work hardest to "break the bonds".  By the time the next is her age, you'll probably have no concern temporarily abandoning him any chance you can get!

OC Campers

Ok, I talked to Randy and if you are able to change the date to Sept 14 and 15 we will be there.  Yippee!!

Jacqui

zamboni

I will call tomorrow from work, and guarantee 3 sites for the weekend (us, 3 nites, as we'll arrive Thursday).

More, please?

OC Campers

Quote from: zamboniSince many are busy, would people rather try for Sept 14-15?
Any luck changing the weekend Glen??

zamboni

Booked Sept 14-15!

We are on the First Loop (where we stayed last time, which is peaceful).  I've paid the first night ($28.60) for each of the 3 sites, the balance paid by each on arrival.

Kelly and I will be arriving Thursday night, with me taking Friday off work and Kelly commuting from there.

Sites:
Zamboni: 21
OC Campers: 22
Flyer Crew: 23
http://penresort.com/iconMap.html

Several sites on the First Loop are still available, so let's find others!  I'll also post this in the other thread.

OC Campers

Sounds good to me.  See ya then.

Jacqui

zamboni

Slight change of plan.

We won't be able to come out until Friday evening.

I'm taking Friday off, but have to do a deposition-sort-of-thing at 1:30... bang smack in the middle of the day.  We could still go up Thurs night, but I will be spending the evening Thurs preparing.

OC Campers

Quote from: zamboniSlight change of plan.

We won't be able to come out until Friday evening.

I'm taking Friday off, but have to do a deposition-sort-of-thing at 1:30... bang smack in the middle of the day. We could still go up Thurs night, but I will be spending the evening Thurs preparing.
No problem.  We will be there eveningish too.  How does check in work.  Can we check in without you there?   If you need to get ahold of us, call Randy's cell phone.  I lost mine a few days ago.   PM me if you need it

Jacqui

zamboni

Your names should be on their record.  I paid the first night, so you just pay the balance when you check in.

I don't know whose celly I have - ends with "even#-even#-7-6".  If that's not Randy's, then would you send it to me?

I'm pretty sure you have mine.  It is easy to find - my home answering machine (and I am in the phone book) has my celly on it :)

I get frustrated/amused when people tell me "I wanted to call you, but I couldn't find your number" (uh, directory information?  Same number for the last 13 years... same cell for 10) :swear:

Dee4j

Quote from: zamboniI get frustrated/amused when people tell me "I wanted to call you, but I couldn't find your number" (uh, directory information?  Same number for the last 13 years... same cell for 10) :swear:

How funny is that.... I say the same thing not to mention I have had the same e-mail address since 1994 or 1996 and my cell number has been the same for about 8 or 9 years

BTW that number is Jacqui's

OC Campers

Yes, that number is mine.  But no cell phone yet.  Randy's is the same but last 2 numbers is 75.  But guess what??  He lost his yesterday too.  Boy, we are quite the pair.  Only way to get ahold of us is at home.  You don't realize how important your cell is until you don't have it.:(

Jacqui

The Flyer Crew

What a relaxing weekend!  I sure enjoyed it...  Thanks Glen, for arranging it and thanks Matt and Chris for being my squirt gun targets.  :yikes:  :D

OC Campers

We made it home safe and sound.  I love camping an hour away from home:D . We had a great time as usual.  Weather was gorgeous.  Company was exceptional too.  

No problem Kevin, you made the boys weekend.  I gave up on Chris' shoes and just thru them in the trash. (I have been wanting to do that for weeks now but he wouldn't let me).  

Project for tomorrow is camping laundry and dog washing.  Bella still has that "orange glow":D .   Nothing that a good cleaning won't do.  

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersWe made it home safe and sound.  I love camping an hour away from home:D . We had a great time as usual.  Weather was gorgeous.  Company was exceptional too.  

No problem Kevin, you made the boys weekend.  I gave up on Chris' shoes and just thru them in the trash. (I have been wanting to do that for weeks now but he wouldn't let me).  

Project for tomorrow is camping laundry and dog washing.  Bella still has that "orange glow":D .   Nothing that a good cleaning won't do.  

Jacqui

eeeww camping laundry....ya my favorite :rolleyes:

I was getting a mental picture of Chris' shoes...ack

For 6th , 7th & 8th, Kevin would go to camp pali and on thursday they would build rafts and go into this pond. well the first year I opened up the suitcase and about fell over and threw them in the trash..after that I told him don't bother toss them in the trash there. That's why they had to bring an extra pair of shoes. :eyecrazy:

why is your dog orange?

OC Campers

Quote from: Dee4jeeeww camping laundry....ya my favorite :rolleyes:

I was getting a mental picture of Chris' shoes...ack

For 6th , 7th & 8th, Kevin would go to camp pali and on thursday they would build rafts and go into this pond. well the first year I opened up the suitcase and about fell over and threw them in the trash..after that I told him don't bother toss them in the trash there. That's why they had to bring an extra pair of shoes. :eyecrazy:

why is your dog orange?
There is nothing else worse than camping laundry.  This trip it was so bad I just left it in the garage to sort it.  This campground was really pretty but the dirt is that orange "clay" dirt.  Everything is orange and really nasty.  

Bella and Zambonie's dog "Jack" were playing.  Bella is small and 20 lbs, Jack is HUGE and 100+ lbs.  Needless to say Bella spent a lot of time rolling in the dirt.  Any white fur parts are now orange.  We thru her in the lake but all it did smear it around.  She will be getting a bath in the next few minutes.:p

Jacqui