2nd Annual "Rompin' At Rollins" - Sept 21-22

Started by zamboni, Aug 15, 2007, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni

The Campground: http://www.penresort.com/  (just past Colfax on I-80)
Google Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=21597+You+Bet+Rd,+grass+valley,+ca&sll=39.153226,-120.943422&sspn=0.057307,0.065832&ie=UTF8&ll=38.880343,-121.165466&spn=0.920442,1.053314&z=10&om=1

I just called them, and found that Sept 21-22 is their closing weekend for this year.  Most of the First Loop (where we stayed last time) is booked, but the "Upper Loop" is basically all available still.

The lower loop does have the more secluded sites, but if we have a nice group, then the upper loop would be a lot of fun since we can easily walk between sites.

It is a dry campground, but there are bathrooms right in the upper loop.  Cost is $26/night (plus 10% tax).  Includes 8 people/site (4 adults), pets $3

Is anyone interested in another Rompin' At Rollins this year, Sept 21-22?

The upper loop area:

Here is the thread from last June's campout: http://arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=57649

Small pic of the campground - upper loop is in the middle-top (not "the Point")

View from the area (the CG is on a peninsula, but pretty steep above the water except for the beach area where you enter the CG):

OC Campers

This campout may work. Randy has inventory starting September but I don't know when. I will let you know. We enjoyed Rompin at Rollins last year. If I remember the whole campground is nice.

Well, I was hopeful but Randy has inventory that weekend.  September-November is a rough camping time for us.

Jacqui

The Flyer Crew

I can probably do this one.  I'll have to see if I can borrow the girls from their mom that w/e, but it shouldn't be a problem.

zamboni

Quote from: OC CampersWell, I was hopeful but Randy has inventory that weekend.  September-November is a rough camping time for us.

Given how close it is for you - what about leaving Randy and you + kids come up?  Or, Randy "commute" from there?

I am strongly considering taking Friday off work, and we all go up Thursday evening.  Then, Kelly will drive to work Friday from there.  Her school is at I-80 and Antelope, so not too bad - plus, she would come up from there Fri at 4pm, instead of having to drive to South Sac, get in camper, and go right back past her school while stuck in Rush Hour.

Then, I spend the day Friday with just me and Shelby :)

So, for those going, if anyone wants to go up Thursday... we'll be there!

Hopefully the other folks from last year's Romp will check in here:
Dee Grote
Towrod
Mustang
Chuckster

OC Campers

Life is starting to get more complicated.  I have to take the weekend off before this for an activity that Kendra has going on.  Then I am now a mother of a 16 year old who now has a drivers license and a part time job.  Whcih now makes me insurance poor which makes we need to go to work:( .  And to think you want them to grow up.  All growing up means to me is $$$$ signs.:)

Jacqui

zamboni

Quote from: OC CampersI have to take the weekend off before this for an activity that Kendra has going on.

OK... if, I posit, this attendance of yours will ensure that your child does not die :)

Quote from: OC Campersmother of a 16 year old who now has a drivers license and a part time job.

Now, I'm confused.  If she has a license, she can drive herself to her "activity"! :D  If you need to attend with her, then save your money and cancel her license & insurance.

Wow, I crack myself up.  I'm sure my wife will make me eat my words in 13 years when our daughter gets her own license...  Until then, I will firmly fool myself into believing things are like they were when I grew up -- you got yourself there (un-motorized), or did not attend :eyecrazy:

Lastly, and I'll admit this is a BIZARRE suggestion... if your family wants to attend (OK, I know kids never want to do anything...), and your absence for work would only be the day or evening, then if you came with your rig & crew, we (ie, me, because Kelly would say "You suggested it, so you own it") would look after your kids for Sat day or evening while you worked.  Just a thought, because I'm sure Shelby's understanding would be that everyone exists only to keep her amused! :sombraro:

OC Campers

Glen, Glen, Glen.  You try telling a 16 year old she can't drive.  Yeah right!  The only reason I need to go to the activity with her is because it is down in Natomas.  If she drove all the way down there I would be a nervous wreck.  BTW, thanks for letting her drive the "stang"  now she wants one.  NOT!!:yikes: :D

I know the boys would enjoy the weekend and I definately trust you with them but it is an aweful lot of wotk for me not to spend a lot of time there.:(  

Jacqui

harleywolf

6Quigs

Quote from: zamboni... if your family wants to attend ... we would look after your kids for Sat day or evening while you worked.  

With an offer like that Glen, it sure is tempting to drop off our 4 kids, and let Margaret and I dissapear, working.... or wine tasting.... or whatever......

Sadly we cannot make it that weekend.
I will be off camping with the two youngest boys with Y-Guides.
Then the following weekend, it is camping again with the oldest boy!!

Have a great time, and hopefully we will catch up with you at a future rally.

harleywolf

Y-Guides?? Is this perhaps the same thing that I knew as a kid as Y Indian Guides? If so I didn

6Quigs

Yes Rick,
Y-Guides is the program run by the YMCA formerly known as Y Indian Guides.
They had to drop the reference to Indian, due to objections and it not being politically correct, but the program remains pretty much the same with father/son and father/daughter groups.

zamboni

Quote from: harleywolfIncidentally Glen it seems you have a thing for Mustangs

zamboni

Since many are busy, would people rather try for Sept 14-15?

The Flyer Crew

Works for me.  Saves me having to ask for the girls, since its daddy weekend anyway, and the following weekend is Megan's birthday weekend and she might have other plans.  I'm down for either weekend though.

OC Campers

I will check and see whats going on.  Kendra has her appointment but maybe we can trust her to get there on her own. :yikes:   She would also have to stay at home by herself for a night or 2 (she has a big girl job now too.:yikes: :yikes: (double yikes))  How much freedon is too much freedom for a responsible 16 y/o??

Jacqui