SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What should we rename the group.

Started by calstate360, Aug 16, 2007, 04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

Since we all seem to be in agreement what we need to do first is
decide on a new name.
Northern California Campers has been suggested.
Nor-Cal Campers has been suggested.

Any one else? Keep in mind we want to stay away from cutesy names
that are too hard to decipher. Also limiting it to one type of camper
will not work. We have members with all from popups to motorhomes
and do not want to discourage anyone's interest.

Either of the above would show up at the top of any search as their
is currently no such group. Their is a Starcraft group for North Cal.
but as a current owner I can tell you the info comes with a trailer
when you purchase one and membership is limited to popup's.
Lets have some more ideas.

Sal

zamboni

I vote for NorCal Camping Club

Quote from: calstate360Their is a Starcraft group for North Cal. but as a current owner I can tell you the info comes with a trailer when you purchase one and membership is limited to popup's.

*grin*

I'm the owner of the URL for the Northern California Starcraft Camping club, and the webmaster of the site.

All you need to be a member of that club is any Starcraft camper (or sister-brand, like Homestead, Antigua, TravelStar, Aruba, Ambient (class-c) and Pine Mountain).

Further, once you are a member, and change to a non-Starcraft brand camper, you can remain an "associate member" of the club, as we are :) (many in the club have moved to other brands, like Montana).

calstate360

I vote for NorCal also.

I thought that was your group. At the time we had met some woman from the main Starcraft club and she was insistent that we join since the popup was new then. Her attitude turned us off at the time, and being cheep I refuse to pay to join any club. :sombraro:

Quote from: zamboniI vote for NorCal Camping Club*grin*

I'm the owner of the URL for the Northern California Starcraft Camping club, and the webmaster of the site.

All you need to be a member of that club is any Starcraft camper (or sister-brand, like Homestead, Antigua, TravelStar, Aruba, Ambient (class-c) and Pine Mountain).

Further, once you are a member, and change to a non-Starcraft brand camper, you can remain an "associate member" of the club, as we are :) (many in the club have moved to other brands, like Montana).

zamboni

Quote from: calstate360At the time we had met some woman from the main Starcraft club and she was insistent that we join

Ahhh... when you buy a new Starcraft, you automatically get one year free - so she was trying to get you to join to USE your free year :)

Sadly, dealers around here (at least now) don't tell people about the Starcraft club, or if they do, they only mention the "International club" -- they never tell new buyers there is a NorCal chapter.

I am working with our club newsletter person to try to create a single-page "club brochure" to send to all the local dealers and ask them to merely hand one to each new owner...

6Quigs

I vote for Nor-Cal Campers for three reasons

1. norcalcampers.com is an available web site domain

2. It is similar to our Southern California group SCCampers,

3. I already have a few Nor-Cal tee-shirts I can wear to Rallies :p

OC Campers

I like Nor-Cal Campers too.

Jacqui

Calstate361

I vote for Nor-Cal Campers too!   Then our short version would NCCampers, like SCCampers and Kevin can wear his shirts.

Joan

harleywolf

Nor-Cal Campers (NCCampers) has our vote as well ;) And it make sense with the sister group being SCCampers.

Surfcal

Calstate361

YA HOO RAY/SUFCAL

Always the rabbelrouser.

Joan