News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Mt Madonna - has anyone camped there?

Started by Gwenzilla, Sep 20, 2007, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenzilla

Thinking of trying out Mt Madonna campground near Watsonville / Gilroy area. Has anyone camped there before? if so are the campsites nice and large enough for 26' trailer and tow vechicle? I see they have about 17 partial hookup sites, if anyone is familiar with these I'd like to hear your thoughts.
We are hoping to head up there Oct 5, 6 & 7 if all goes right.

Thanks for any info.

griffsmom

Quote from: GwenzillaThinking of trying out Mt Madonna campground near Watsonville / Gilroy area. Has anyone camped there before? if so are the campsites nice and large enough for 26' trailer and tow vechicle? I see they have about 17 partial hookup sites, if anyone is familiar with these I'd like to hear your thoughts.
We are hoping to head up there Oct 5, 6 & 7 if all goes right.

Thanks for any info.
Here's a perfect example of why old threads should not be deleted. I remember that a number of NNC-ers camped together at Mt. Madonna, so I did a search and found this old thread from 2005: http://arveeclub.com/showthread.php?p=107191&highlight=madonna#post107191

Granted, it's not a ton of info, but it's a start. I'm sure some of the Nor-Cal Campers will chime in with their .02. Overall, it seems like people liked camping there.

If you do a search for "madonna' (w/o quotes) you'll find a few more posts scattered throughout the forum.

HTH! :)

6Quigs

Yes we have camped there a few times.
It is part of the County of Santa Clara parks, so they have their own reservation system, and it does not book up as fast as those with reserve america.
I was able to fit my Hybrid trailer there, and it is 28 feet when open, and still fit my truck on the site.
The sites are all very shaded, and because you are on a mountain, the temperature is 15 to 20 degrees lower than the temperature in Gilroy, which is just down the hill.
Plenty of hiking trails around. Visit the reindeer, and don't forget to bring them some carrots to eat.
The road into the campground has one very very steep hill, and your truck will slow down to a crawl, and be in first gear, but as long as you are within your tow vehicles rating you should make it,

reluahyot

Mount Madonna !    LOL