News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Campground suggestion UC Davis

Started by Dee4j, Feb 10, 2008, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Flyer Crew

Hi everyone!

There's a county park called Lake Solano (the "lake" is just a wide patch of Putah creek...) just below lake Berryessa outside of Winters.  I haven't been there for a few years but I remember it being nice (and yes, it was hot there).

It's about twenty minutes from UC Davis, which is about the same as the West Sac KOA.

griffsdad

Quote from: Dee4jwhatchu talkin' about Willis :confused:

actually I thought of it as more of law college but it looks like it has a very extensive Biology dept. We may have to add that to the list :p

Now I'm really concerned for Kevin. UC Berkeley is the #1 research school in the world!!! Just a law school????? What???????

From the school's web site:

"With nearly 300 degree programs, Berkeley is known around the world for its academic excellence" and "Nobel Prizes have been awarded to 24 UC Berkeley alumni".

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsdadNow I'm really concerned for Kevin. UC Berkeley is the #1 research school in the world!!! Just a law school????? What???????

From the school's web site:

"With nearly 300 degree programs, Berkeley is known around the world for its academic excellence" and "Nobel Prizes have been awarded to 24 UC Berkeley alumni".

Hey what can I say...instead of going to a big college I was busy learning how to win at poker :p

Surfcampers gave me a place in Felton called smithood rv. my "current" plan is to stay there the week after Lopez and do Day trips..Davis will be a bit of a hike, but according to mapquest it's only 18 miles farther than the distance from My house to Vikings..so no biggie.

This way I can take them to the Monterey Aquarium, Santa Cruz boardwalk and San Fran, the beach etc...and it will be a bit cooler too

Easter Break we are going to Cal-Tech & Harvey Mudd. the 2  other SoCal schools we are going to look at are UC Irvine & UCSD.   Bottom line is, He is the one that will be going to college not me, so we are going to visit them  and he can choose which one makes him warm & fuzzy.  Then he can focus on scholarships!!!

griffsmom

Quote from: Dee4j
nueroscience
nuerobiology
nuerologist
Veternarian

Quote from: Dee4jHey what can I say...instead of going to a big college I was busy learning how to win at poker  
Apparently, spelling isn't a class that is offered at poker school....  :p

Good thing Kevin is majoring in the sciences; his mama wouldn't be much help in the language arts.... :p  ;)   :J

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsmomApparently, spelling isn't a class that is offered at poker school....  :p

Good thing Kevin is majoring in the sciences; his mama wouldn't be much help in the language arts.... :p  ;)   :J

whatever, miss smarty pants...science was my best subject after PE & Lunch  :p

griffsdad

Quote from: griffsmomApparently, spelling isn't a class that is offered at poker school.... :p

Good thing Kevin is majoring in the sciences; his mama wouldn't be much help in the language arts.... :p ;) :J
She must have dropped out of poker school because at San Mateo

SHE GOT SPANKED!!!!

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsdadShe must have dropped out of poker school because at San Mateo

SHE GOT SPANKED!!!!

well since I came out with more than my buy in I didn't get spanked that hard...but i wasn't the only one the got Spanked...

the good ...the bad...& the ugly....SPANK!!!!!!

zamboni

Quote from: Dee4jSurfcampers gave me a place in Felton called smithood rv. my "current" plan is to stay there the week after Lopez and do Day trips..Davis will be a bit of a hike, but according to mapquest it's only 18 miles farther than the distance from My house to Vikings..so no biggie.

Yeah... Kelly and I have stayed at Smithwoods RV park.  It is a nice place, but it is a DARN long drive from Sacramento (we're only half-hour from Davis).  Smithwood-UC Davis is not a drive I'd want to do for the day.  You've got to pass through the Silly-con valley area in both directions.  Not something you'd want to do during the week - rush hour would kill you.  Over 130 miles from UC Davis, estimated at 2.5 hours without traffic.

There is another campground right in West Sacramento that we've stayed at called Sherwood Harbor.  It is right on the Sac river, about 5 min from downtown, and about 12 miles from UC Davis (mostly on Hwy 50).

http://www.sherwoodharbor.com/
14 full hookup (more of a paved area), and 30 water & electricity (deep in the trees, where we stayed).