News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Mothers Day Camp Out

Started by harleywolf, May 13, 2008, 02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleywolf

Got back today from our annual Mothers Day trip at the Manchester Beach KOA. Friday to today. Usually it

harleywolf

Well change of plans. We won

OC Campers

We just had to replace our pup tires last year.  They did pretty well, lasting 6 years and apprx 10,000 miles.   Luckily we didn't have a blow out on the old tires but we did have a blow-out with one of the NEW tires.   The tires only had 1 trip on them.  Camper was towed probably 50 miles before dh noticed the problem. :(   Hopefully, everything is fine now.  We have a big trip planned to So Cal next week (keeping our fingers crossed)

Jacqui

TheViking

Quote from: OC CampersWe just had to replace our pup tires last year. They did pretty well, lasting 6 years and apprx 10,000 miles. Luckily we didn't have a blow out on the old tires but we did have a blow-out with one of the NEW tires. The tires only had 1 trip on them. Camper was towed probably 50 miles before dh noticed the problem. :( Hopefully, everything is fine now. We have a big trip planned to So Cal next week (keeping our fingers crossed)

Jacqui

5 more Days till the Dez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwenzilla

Quote from: OC CampersCamper was towed probably 50 miles before dh noticed the problem

Ouch... was there much left of the rim after that?  Really sucks that it was a new tire!  

Not trying to hijack the thread here, but on a related note does anyone know how many years, or miles, tires should last?  Ours are 4 years old but look great.  Should I worry?

OC Campers

Quote from: TheViking5 more Days till the Dez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm... is someone a little excited??:D   Be there or be square.

Surprising enough the rim was ok.  I don't know how but it was.  America's Tire replaced the tire and all we had to pay was to have it balanced and the ususl other garbage you have to buy for it.  

As far as how long they last, It probably depends on a few things like how many miles are on them, if the camper is stored outside or inside whether you keep them inflated correctly.  Ours lasted 6 years and had approximately 7-8,000 miles on them.  the tread looked fine but decided that since we were going on a long trip that we better get new ones just in case. Gee, I wonder if the old ones would of had a blow out??:p   Oh well.

Jacqui

TheViQueen

Quote from: TheViking5 more Days till the Dez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FYI- High wind advisories until Wednesday night. Sustained winds up to 45 miles with gusts up to 65. Tell anyone arriving early to hunker down. Wind should be out of there by Thursday. Chance of thunderstorms on Saturday (30%) Temps. should make for great riding.  (Thread Hijacked- Sorry!)

OC Campers

Quote from: TheViQueenFYI- High wind advisories until Wednesday night. Sustained winds up to 45 miles with gusts up to 65. Tell anyone arriving early to hunker down. Wind should be out of there by Thursday. Chance of thunderstorms on Saturday (30%) Temps. should make for great riding. (Thread Hijacked- Sorry!)
Kristi, I noticed the fabulous weather.  I am so excited to camp in the high 60's and 70's instead of the 90's and 100's.  I am a little worried about the wind but the Fleetwood dealer said we should be able to take 60 mph winds without a worry.  The moho shoud be coming in sometime Wednesday night so if we have to keep the camper popped down because of the winds than so be it.  We will just have a tailgate party till the wind dies down:p

Jacqui

harleywolf

Hey size matters too!

I was wondering the same thing about how long the tires last. I believe I am purchasing the 3rd set for this trailer and its very lightly used and only 6 years old. That seems like a lot of tires.

I do have 13