News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Seacliff sites wanted

Started by Surfcal, Jul 10, 2008, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Hey Dee:

I perused a bit of the Lake Lopez thread and I'm sorry to hear about your back.  Physical pain sucks.

Thanks for the invite to down there, but we just came back from a long (to us) distance trip from San Francisco to Portland, OR.  This coming week we are going camping, but since the last trip must have cost about $1,000 in fuel, I think we'll stick close to home.

I know you're coming up here following Lake Lopez.  Take good care and don't party too much, only the Drunk Squad can handle that much fun and I don't recommend that to anyone else.

As for all the NorCal folks going down, the Quigs and OC, they're good reps for us, 100% approved.  O.C. has been partying with the Drunk Squad recently.  We'll just stay up here and keep the cioppino stews for ourselves.

Cheers,
The Rabble Rouser Surfcal

oreo57

:confused:  This campground does'nt allow popup's.

OC Campers

Quote from: SurfcalAs for all the NorCal folks going down, the Quigs and OC, they're good reps for us, 100% approved. O.C. has been partying with the Drunk Squad recently. We'll just stay up here and keep the cioppino stews for ourselves.

Cheers,
The Rabble Rouser Surfcal
Hey, nobody mentioned cioppino at the last drunk squad meeting.    That's ok.  I am still feeling the love.:D :!

Jacqui

6Quigs

Don't worry Surcal,
We'll keep the rabble rousing alive at Lopez Lake, and shoh the fish squad how the drunk squad does it :!

here's a view from the beach with Red neff barchetta and our popups side by side

JohnandLeann

Yes I just checked out this site about Sea Cliff SB and it says must be "fully self contained".  I do want to upgrade in the future to FSC.  Just kinda started looking around and comparing campers.

NO TENT CAMPING POSSIBLE! RVs only! Vehicles that are not fully self-contained will be turned away. A self-contained vehicle contains permanent working plumbing fixtures, flushable toilets, and a sealed effluent holding tank.

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsDon't worry Surcal,
We'll keep the rabble rousing alive at Lopez Lake, and shoh the fish squad how the drunk squad does it :!

ya now that's funny :J ...Like that will ever happen :rolleyes:

Surfcal

Quote from: Dee4jya now that's funny :J ...Like that will ever happen :rolleyes:
Dee, Dee, Dee!!!  Why live in fiction?

miss kathy

Quote from: JohnandLeannYes I just checked out this site about Sea Cliff SB and it says must be "fully self contained".  I do want to upgrade in the future to FSC.  Just kinda started looking around and comparing campers.

NO TENT CAMPING POSSIBLE! RVs only! Vehicles that are not fully self-contained will be turned away. A self-contained vehicle contains permanent working plumbing fixtures, flushable toilets, and a sealed effluent holding tank.

Another nice campground around that area is Sunset State Beach- Watsonville,ca-  This place has a lot of trees and the beach is walking distance - so you get the best of both worlds- trees & beach

Calstate361

Hey, it's good to see a few of you are still alive since very few post here any more.  We haven't camped in a while because I'm working.  Yes, I did retire 8/30/07 but am working as a Retired Annuitant since the end of February.  However, this is my last month until they call me back in November for a few months.  As I said before in another thread, the front jack we just had fixed broke right away and no one is covering it so I have to get the money to fix it AGAIN!!!!  OH WELL, I hope to be camping soon, also close to home; maybe Ponderosa (near Coloma).

Joan

miss kathy

Quote from: Calstate361Hey, it's good to see a few of you are still alive since very few post here any more.  We haven't camped in a while because I'm working.  Yes, I did retire 8/30/07 but am working as a Retired Annuitant since the end of February.  However, this is my last month until they call me back in November for a few months.  As I said before in another thread, the front jack we just had fixed broke right away and no one is covering it so I have to get the money to fix it AGAIN!!!!  OH WELL, I hope to be camping soon, also close to home; maybe Ponderosa (near Coloma).

Joan

You should contact sidstenttrailerrepair@hotmail.com or
916-989-5133- they are located in Sac- I got a quote to replace all the cables on my 1970 Starcraft 6 for $450 less then 1/2 of what a dealer wanted.

6Quigs

Quote from: miss kathyAnother nice campground around that area is Sunset State Beach- Watsonville,ca-  This place has a lot of trees and the beach is walking distance - so you get the best of both worlds- trees & beach

The beach at Sunset SB is more like hiking distance than walking distance, especially if you are in the far end of the campground, Try lugging a cooler and chairs back from the beach to your campsite ;)
New Brighton is another alternative, easier hike to the beach than Sunset, and plenty of shaded trees. They even have some sites with hook ups.

Unfortunately Seacliff changed their rules a few years ago, and all RV's and trailers must have fully self contained plumbing system. One reason is the unreliability of the sanitary sewer system at the beach. When the sewage pumps fail, (and it has in the past),there are no toilet or shower facilities so you must use the ones in your RV and dump at the dump station at New Brighton. Hence no popups or tent camping.

This is probabily the most popular campground in California on Reserve America, and there are no shortage of people wanting to camp there, so the Rangers have no desire to change the rules to allow popups.

We solved the problem by getting a Hybrid and now a Class A.
We have already spent 15 nights camping there this year.

Surfcal

Quigs is right...we tried to get in the daily lottery to wedge in in the event of cancellations.  When we got there shortly after 12 noon, there were 11 RV's in the lottery for a possible 2 sites.  They wouldn't even let us in the lottery as we got there just minutes past the noon deadline.

The should create more Seacliff campgrounds, we have a lot of ocean front in this state.

harleywolf

I called Reserve America to see about the use of Pups at Sea cliff. Ours has a flushing toilet- self contained black water etc. I do use a 20 gal external gray water tank for our kitchen and shower and they said that was OK. They said I am considered fully self contained and wouldn

6Quigs

Quote from: harleywolfI called Reserve America to see about the use of Pups at Sea cliff. Ours has a flushing toilet- self contained black water etc. I do use a 20 gal external gray water tank for our kitchen and shower and they said that was OK. They said I am considered fully self contained and wouldn